PC Part Picker Compatibility Warning

I'm using a Ryzen 5600X CPU with an ROG Strix B550-F Gaming ATX motherboard. I googled this combination and it is recommended as working together on several websites. However, PC part picker claims that "The Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard supports the AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor with BIOS version 1004. If the motherboard is using an older BIOS version, upgrading the BIOS will be necessary to support the CPU." 

I don't want to ignore this warning, but I see no reason these shouldn't work well with each other. Will it be a problem if I have to update the BIOS when I first start the PC? This is my first build so still getting the hang of lots of stuff! Thanks. 

Shouldn't be an issue as there's a BIOS flashback button. It will probably come with a BIOS recent enough, but if it doesn't you can use the button to update.

Understand that without a supporting BIOS the motherboard won't recognize the CPU and won't be able to boot at all.

On most motherboards this means you'll need another CPU, one that's supported by the older BIOS, to perform an update before you can install the newer one.

On some ASUS motherboards there is a feature called USB BIOS Flashback. Assuming you have another computer with which to load the update onto a USB drive you can use the Flashback button on the motherboard to perform an update without needing a supported CPU/RAM/GPU installed first. From Asus's website it looks like that motherboard supports Flashback but I'd strongly suggest you confirm it before buying or have a backup plan to perform an update (do you have an older Ryzen CPU you could use?).

9 minutes ago, Kedohawyr said:

do you have an older Ryzen CPU you could use

I don't. This is my first proper PC build. I can't seem to find a motherboard for a 5600X on PC part picker that doesn't give this warning message. Can you recommend one you know will be compatible for sure?

My setup said the same thing but I was fine. I wouldn't worry that much.

Don't sleep on sleeper PCs

When I bought my Asus STRIX B550 board back in January it didn't support my 5800x yet, however the USB BIOS flashback feature is painless, took 10 minutes total.

You can buy without worry. 

48 minutes ago, Kedohawyr said:

On some ASUS motherboards there is a feature called USB BIOS Flashback. Assuming you have another computer with which to load the update onto a USB drive you can use the Flashback button on the motherboard to perform an update without needing a supported CPU/RAM/GPU installed first. From Asus's website it looks like that motherboard supports Flashback but I'd strongly suggest you confirm it before buying or have a backup plan to perform an update (do you have an older Ryzen CPU you could use?).

The B550F Gaming board does have a bios flashback button

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

The one I bought as of August came with a 5000 series compatible BIOS.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15