Can I get a gen4 SAMSUNG 980 PRO to go with this mother board?

ajeesh babu

Hi, So I am a video editor by profession and use my PC majorly for work and very light occasional gaming. 
I have a MSI B550 Tomohawk motherboard, And this is my current storage configuration
XPG Adata sx6000 512 GB - m.2_1 (Primary, OS and software's)
Samsung 750 EVO 250 GB 2.5 inch Sata SSD - For games
Crucial BX500 480GB 2.5 inch Sata SSD - Adobe Cache drive
Seagate Barracuda 2 TB Internal Hard Drive HDD - Backup 

I have an empty m.2 slot on the motherboard and I was thinking of getting a "SAMSUNG 980 PRO 1TB M.2 NVME GEN4" as a working drive. My plan was to move the Adata to the second m.2 slot and use the Samsung 980 Pro in the primary slot and keep the System files in the same Adata itself. Then I came across some videos which said that the board I have has some weird configuration which might disable some PCIe slots depending on how they are filled. I did try reading the manual, but couldn't really make a decision.
My doubts are
1. Can I actually use both the slots (m.2_1 and m.2_2) with m.2 SSDs? (I apologise if this is a stupid question)

2. If I move the Adata drive with all the System files to slot 2 (m.2_2) and use the slot 1 (m.2_1) for the new Samsung 980 PRO working drive, will I be sacrificing performance?
3. Can I in the future swap out the Adata drive for a second gen4 980 PRO and use it in slot 2 (m.2_2) without any issues?

Thanks in advance!
P.S- I have attached a diagram and table that I found in the user manual.

Untitled-1.jpg

You will only be able to use 1 pcie 4.0 m.2 ssd the other one will fall back to pcie 3.0 speeds its a limitation of B550 motherboards

Minecraft plugin developer

Desktop:
CPU= I5 12400F
RAM = 2x 32gb DDR4 3200MHZ Corsair Vengeance LPX
Motherboard = MSI Z690-A-PRO Wifi DDR4
GPU= RTX 3050
SSD = Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
PSU= Corsair RM750

Laptop:
CPU= AMD Ryzen 5 5500u
RAM= 1X 4gb (soldered 3200mhz), 1x 16gb ddr4 3200mhz (so-dimm)
SSD= Samsung 970 Evo 1TB

Do you work with massive files regularly? (10gb+)

If so then a 980 pro isnt a bad choice but if you want to save some money maybe get a sabrent rocket 4.0, around 5500mb/s but abit cheaper than the 980 pro

5 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Do you work with massive files regularly? (10gb+)

If so then a 980 pro isnt a bad choice but if you want to save some money maybe get a sabrent rocket 4.0, around 5500mb/s but abit cheaper than the 980 pro

but Sabrent Rocket 4 is almost roughly 100$ more expensive compared to the 980 Pro in India.

5 hours ago, CustomEnchants said:

You will only be able to use 1 pcie 4.0 m.2 ssd the other one will fall back to pcie 3.0 speeds its a limitation of B550 motherboards

Thank you, do you think it will be okay to keep the configuration I was thinking, that is keeping the OS files in the PCIe 3.0 card and using the PCIe 4 as working drive. I dont mind the startup being a bit slow if it is going to make the workflow and exports smoother.

2 hours ago, ajeesh babu said:

Thank you, do you think it will be okay to keep the configuration I was thinking, that is keeping the OS files in the PCIe 3.0 card and using the PCIe 4 as working drive. I dont mind the startup being a bit slow if it is going to make the workflow and exports smoother.

I suppose thats fine.

Minecraft plugin developer

Desktop:
CPU= I5 12400F
RAM = 2x 32gb DDR4 3200MHZ Corsair Vengeance LPX
Motherboard = MSI Z690-A-PRO Wifi DDR4
GPU= RTX 3050
SSD = Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
PSU= Corsair RM750

Laptop:
CPU= AMD Ryzen 5 5500u
RAM= 1X 4gb (soldered 3200mhz), 1x 16gb ddr4 3200mhz (so-dimm)
SSD= Samsung 970 Evo 1TB