Hello guys! So... I finished my pc (95% of it to be precise) and... I have no ram... It is a AMD system... Ryzen 3 1200... And i was wondering, what type of ram do i need (how many MHz)... If anyone has any tips, please reply =) 

Humor me, as you should do.

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Intel Xeon E3-1225 v2 || ASRock B75M Motherboard || MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Gaming X 4G || Hynix 2x8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM || 480 GB Pioneer APS-SL3 SATA SSD // 1 TB Seagate 2.5" HDD || be quiet! System Power 9 500 W PSU || Cooler Master T20 CPU Cooler || Samsung S19D300 Monitor || Fantech X6 Knight Mouse || VortexSeries VX7 Pro Keyboard

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

8GB RAM, 256GB Internal Storage, 128GB SanDisk Extreme, and you could find the rest of the specs on the interwebz lol

Lenovo ThinkPad L390 Yoga

Intel Core i5-8365U || 8 + 16 GB DDR4 (don't ask, gf bought me the 16 GB RAM as my birthday present lol) || Samsung 256GB SSD

Personal Server: CasaOS, Home Assistant, ESPHome, Jellyfin.

AMD E-350 || 3GB DDR3 || 120GB random SSD || 1TB Toshiba HDD

Audio

Redmi TV Soundbar || KZ EDX Ultra + KZ APTX Bluetooth Module || JCALLY JM6 CX31933 DAC

7 minutes ago, dhannemon13 said:

No. There is no hard limit to memory frequency. With an up to date bios, gen 1 ryzen struggles to boot over 2933 - 3200mhz.

25 minutes ago, Null3 said:

Hello guys! So... I finished my pc (95% of it to be precise) and... I have no ram... It is a AMD system... Ryzen 3 1200... And i was wondering, what type of ram do i need (how many MHz)... If anyone has any tips, please reply =) 

I would just get DDR4 3200mhz ram, CL16 or lower

1 hour ago, TrigrH said:

No. There is no hard limit to memory frequency. With an up to date bios, gen 1 ryzen struggles to boot over 2933 - 3200mhz.

Ah, yes. I remembered about this somewhere.

50 minutes ago, Latvian Video said:

That is wrong, I have a R3 1200, my 3200mhz CL16 ram runs fine

I gave it based of what I found. I dunno, but does it run on lower speed than that 3200 MHz? As stated by @TrigrH and I actually read about it either somewhere else.

Afaik, generally first gen Ryzen won't use that much memory clock either. I never went higher than 2400 MHz actually (the max of the RAM module itself, R5 1500X).

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Intel Xeon E3-1225 v2 || ASRock B75M Motherboard || MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Gaming X 4G || Hynix 2x8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM || 480 GB Pioneer APS-SL3 SATA SSD // 1 TB Seagate 2.5" HDD || be quiet! System Power 9 500 W PSU || Cooler Master T20 CPU Cooler || Samsung S19D300 Monitor || Fantech X6 Knight Mouse || VortexSeries VX7 Pro Keyboard

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

8GB RAM, 256GB Internal Storage, 128GB SanDisk Extreme, and you could find the rest of the specs on the interwebz lol

Intel Core i5-8365U || 8 + 16 GB DDR4 (don't ask, gf bought me the 16 GB RAM as my birthday present lol) || Samsung 256GB SSD

Audio

Redmi TV Soundbar || KZ EDX Ultra + KZ APTX Bluetooth Module || JCALLY JM6 CX31933 DAC

22 minutes ago, dhannemon13 said:

I gave it based of what I found.

Find deeper. As much as the 1000 series is piece of shit in memory department it can frequently clock above 2666 with enough voltage.

1 hour ago, Null3 said:

what type of ram do i need (how many MHz)... If anyone has any tips, please reply =) 

Personally speaking you really should go for a well binned RAM, as i eluded to before, the 1000 series memory controller is notoriously unreliable and sometimes cant even run with a default DOCP profile. Luckily, something like Crucial Ballistix is quite easy to come by, here's 2x8 3000mhz C15 one for around 60$.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

29 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Find deeper. As much as the 1000 series is piece of shit in memory department it can frequently clock above 2666 with enough voltage.

Noted. Good to know if it can handle more than that.

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

Audio

1 hour ago, SorryClaire said:

Personally speaking you really should go for a well binned RAM, 

Yep. My Athlon 200 and 220ge both can do pretty decent frequency with good kits. 

Corsair LPX and vengeance kits I have don't even get close to 3000mhz.

Finally someone I can support around here. Yes, it's worth it to buy quality "binned" memory.