A warning to potential XoticPC customers.

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I feel like sharing my story/grievances to the tech community. I think this can save some stress and deep seething frustration from potential buyers, by of course steering them as far away from this PC builder as humanly possible.

TL;DR:

included at the bottom of both stories.

------------------------------------------------------------

PART I

XoticPC is one of those companies that makes custom desktops and laptops, kind of like iBUYPOWER but with a much better selection of laptops. In fact I originally was gonna buy from iBP, but since I wanted a powerful laptop and very few places actually sold the MSI GE76 Raider with a GTX 3080 at the time, I found myself at XoticPC’s doorstep.

Ultimately I ended up buying a much different laptop from XoticPC, this one was by Sager and it was priced at a good $4k. Yes, I have my reasons for buying an expensive desktop replacement laptop, but this isn’t what my post is about. XoticPC was supposed to customize it and perform quality tests on it before they shipped it out, of course when I got it the first thing I saw right off the bat is the screen shipped with a dead pixel. It was stuck ON too, so it was incredibly noticeable if the game even got slightly dem. Whatever, super annoying but not unheard of, so I did what any reasonable person would do. I wanted to see if my laptop had some warranty covering the dead pixel, so I emailed XoticPC and this is what they had to say:

Untitled.png.dd4eed4872bfac74759c4ed2d38896b5.png

“Typically” isn’t really a yes or no, and they made no mention of their 30 day return policy either. So I ended up contacting Sager, who just bounced me back to XoticPC. I tried messaging XoticPC some more because I didn’t see anywhere that Sager specified any defect related to the screen, so I pressed again and my messages went ignored. After a while XoticPC finally got around to contacting Sager about the warranty, which Sager had finally confirmed they didn’t cover a dead pixel. Ok … Now I finally know for sure what is actually covered, but wait … that took exactly 31 days to find out anything about my warranty! I figured since I have been contacting XoticPC, they would be cool and give me some leeway. NO!

Untitled2.png.28d67ee6614c5a95e6d7c6736348edc5.png

So I had to threaten them with a chargeback, which made them cave. They just couldn’t take a refund though, only an exchange. At this point I wanted nothing to do with XoticPC but I reluctantly accepted it since I felt like I had little choice, worse yet, the laptop I bought no longer had the config I wanted.

My laptop spent almost a month in RMA, and I was finally fed up with XoticPC because I am paying $4k for a worse config, and it just seethed and bothered me. Well I ended up getting my wisdom teeth pulled, and I finally felt pissed off enough I straight up threatened with a lawsuit if they didn’t just refund me! I told them I was talking to my attorney. They bought my bluff, and within minutes of my angry emails and BBB submission they finally confirmed my refund … WHY DID I HAVE TO MAKE THREATS TO ACHIEVE THAT!?

Screenshot_20210916-171618_Gmail.jpg.98d0eb630c437d0f3452b225edeb5e09.jpg

I got out, but barely! Don’t do this to yourself … just go elsewhere.

The story ain’t over though … You might think I am just a one off incident, and all those BBB reviews I linked to must be outliers … Wrong! Those reviews are the NORM for XoticPC. My brother also ran into messed up problems with XoticPC over a similarly priced PC, his was even more BASIC than mine!

TL;DR:

Don’t order from XoticPC, they will stall communications as much as possible, even if that means hiding warranty information until you can no longer use their return policy. Only way to fix it and get your money back is to threaten them with a lawsuit.

PART II

My brother ordered a laptop through XoticPC, and his laptop was on backorder for months. He moved into his new house, and just to be sure he won't lose his place in the order queue he called up XoticPC to change his shipping address. All good, right?

They ship his laptop to his old address, they don’t require a signature, and he can’t reroute it to a safe location. He asked XoticPC why he couldn’t reroute the laptop, and why it didn’t require a signature, they simply told him they didn’t know. So he gets XoticPC to return the laptop, it sits at their office for a week before they ship it again. It's shipped to the right address, but my brother & I are truck drivers, none of our packages can go to the house, we are almost never home. So they ship a $4k laptop, to an unoccupied residence, without a signature, and he STILL can’t reroute it! 

image000000.jpg.6e8d804aed4e6491e1b3939dced1ea0e.jpg

Luckily I was home at the time because I just finished getting teeth yanked out of my skull, so I had to take my miserable Advil loaded butt to his home and secure his laptop so it wouldn’t be stolen by porch pirates. That right there is what really pissed me off, and finally got me to yell at XoticPC enough to get my refund.

We will NEVER order from XoticPC again. It might work for those who get their PC and nothing is wrong with it, but the minute something goes wrong and you have to rely on XoticPC to actually DO something, good luck.

TL;DR:

XoticPC couldn’t do basic shipping. They shipped to the wrong address first, which caused the laptop to sit for a week. They had no idea why THEY restricted the laptop to be safely rerouted & held, and without requiring a signature on a $4k machine! Just to do it TWICE but with the correct address!

I once bought something worth $300 from someone else and not only did the company call me, they asked me if I wanted to require a signature! Why can’t XoticPC do this!?

That's all I gotta say. Run. Run very far away when you see the XoticPC logo ...

ezgif.com-webp-to-png_070afc13-c277-4ffb-9f39-bfde50e3e499_410x.png.d9e3f8eabb2b319bc7d4d3792f581fe4.png