MSI motherboard warranty info

Hi all, anyone have experience with MSI warranty when it comes to motherboards? Nephew has a MSI B460 torpedo only 7 months old I did testing and by the sound of it and from the community helping me out looks like the motherboard is dead.

little info - I try doing the motherboard jump start and it doesn’t turn on. I was reading the MSI website on warranty and they won’t cover power failure does that apply to what happen to me? The PC won’t turn on and the PSU works it just doesn’t turn on even when jumping it. Don’t have the original box can I still send it in?

Sounds like one of those try RMA and see what happens things.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Yeah gonna give it a try , if they don’t accept it what motherboard brand would you recommend for intel i3 , I don’t want to use MSI again I am afraid it will happen again plus there is no GPU but I do plan on buying one in the future.

I don’t know much about that.  All I can tell you is general things:  What makes a motherboard pricy is often good VRM which you just won’t need for an i3.  There is also probably a max memory speed limit for your cpu so there isn’t a lot of point in a motherboard that can handle faster memory than your cpu. It sounds like you’ve already bought memory though so you’ll need to be able to accommodate that.  Other than that it’s features vs. price. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 hours ago, LeJunior22 said:

Yeah gonna give it a try , if they don’t accept it what motherboard brand would you recommend for intel i3 , I don’t want to use MSI again I am afraid it will happen again plus there is no GPU but I do plan on buying one in the future.

As long as you can provide an invoice from the time you bought motherboard they will replace or repair or check the motherboard, incase you don't have invoice of the motherboard do not bother RMAing it, because they will straight out reject it in their repair center.

For low end CPUs you do not need good motherboard and any will do just fine, usually what people are looking on that specturm is the look of it and the I/O.