Acryl Drill Hole Finish

Plermpel
Go to solution Solved by Blue4130,
6 hours ago, Plermpel said:

Hello,

I just got the EKWB active backplate for my 3090.

Since I am not happy with the flow pattern of the kit, I modified the distro block in front of the GPU to my needs.

Thing is I don't have a mill, so I just put some extra holes in it with a drill press.

Because my drill is very fast I have now a matt finish inside of my newly drilled holes in the acrylic.

I can't really flame polish the acrylic inside the holes because I also think it would destroy the threads and might not seal propperly anymore.

Screenshot_2021-09-16-23-57-04-229_com_miui.gallery.thumb.jpg.a3aa03ff015a82faad79847d63271e2e.jpg

Has anyone experience with polishing plexi inside drill holes, doesn't look so nice right now. Maybe with some sort of solvent or so?

Greetings from Austria

Wrap a drill bit in cloth, apply polishing compound and go to town. It should take seconds to get it clear. 

Hello,

Since I am not happy with the flow pattern of the kit, I modified the distro block in front of the GPU to my needs.

Thing is I don't have a mill, so I just put some extra holes in it with a drill press.

Because my drill is very fast I have now a matt finish inside of my newly drilled holes in the acrylic.

I can't really flame polish the acrylic inside the holes because I also think it would destroy the threads and might not seal propperly anymore.

Screenshot_2021-09-16-23-57-04-229_com_miui.gallery.thumb.jpg.a3aa03ff015a82faad79847d63271e2e.jpg

Has anyone experience with polishing plexi inside drill holes, doesn't look so nice right now. Maybe with some sort of solvent or so?

Greetings from Austria

6 hours ago, Plermpel said:

Hello,

Greetings from Austria

Wrap a drill bit in cloth, apply polishing compound and go to town. It should take seconds to get it clear.