Used Thinkpad P50 with IPS i7-6820HQ (2,7GHz) 16GB 256GB SSD for Work (programming) and light gaming

Go to solution Solved by podkall,

here is video of someone playing WItcher 3 on P50 M1000M version:

here is video of a guy playing games on P50 M2000M version:

(I'd rather skip to Rocket League and games beyond that)

It really depends on what games are you planning to play.

Also I'm not sure why the Witcher 3 has so low fps because here, a guy (different person) is playing Batttlefield 1 and has pretty decent fps: (skip to 3:10)

So I guess the choice really is on you if you want a slightly/moderately stronger GPU or not.

If I was on budget I'd get M1000M but at the same time I don't play latest games that require really strong pcs.

Hey guys, I want a cheap laptop for work (programming mainly) and would be great if it can do a bit of gaming on the side!

I found the P50 to offer a nice overall package. Here in Germany I can get it used (refurbished) with 16GB ram for 500-600 Euros.

The difference is for 500 Euros I get the Nvidia M1000M quadro and for 600 Euros I get the Nvidia M2000M quadro.

Does that sound like a good deal? Is the extra 100 Euros worth it? If I am doing something completely wrong and you have a better idea/deal in mind please share them with me.

thanks!

personally, i would get the first one, its not worth the extra money for the m2000.

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

here is video of someone playing WItcher 3 on P50 M1000M version:

here is video of a guy playing games on P50 M2000M version:

(I'd rather skip to Rocket League and games beyond that)

It really depends on what games are you planning to play.

Also I'm not sure why the Witcher 3 has so low fps because here, a guy (different person) is playing Batttlefield 1 and has pretty decent fps: (skip to 3:10)

So I guess the choice really is on you if you want a slightly/moderately stronger GPU or not.

If I was on budget I'd get M1000M but at the same time I don't play latest games that require really strong pcs.

Edited by podkall
info

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti