Hamachi Alternative?

Flux Azreal

So I want to play a LAN-only game with 2 other of my friends, to do this I'd have to install Hamachi to make a virtual LAN or something, but my experience with Hamachi has been terrible, it kind of bloats my computer and makes it slower. I'm trying my best to evade it if possible. I was hoping if anyone knows how to make some sort of V-LAN without third party programs on Windows10(pro)? I know there's a VPN feature on windows, but idk how it works and I'm not sure if its even for the purpose I want to use it for. If there's no way is Hamachi truly the best V-LAN program? Or if there some alternative? Thank you.

The built-in VPN can do that, but it only supports PPTP, L2TP, SSTP and IKEv2, all of which are complicated for a regular consumer and require a server/machine with a public IP to connect to.

There are third party VPNs, that are somewhat less complicated, but still require some networking/sysadmin knowledge and a public server, such as OpenVPN or Wireguard or pritunl.

Other 3rd party tools, that can achieve similar goals as Hamachi, are ZeroTier and also Parsec IIRC. 

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

13 minutes ago, Flux Azreal said:

So I want to play a LAN-only game with 2 other of my friends, to do this I'd have to install Hamachi to make a virtual LAN or something, but my experience with Hamachi has been terrible, it kind of bloats my computer and makes it slower. I'm trying my best to evade it if possible.

well then go for the 2nd worst, Radmin. Honestly vlan based clients are pretty horrible either way.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

-> Moved to Programs, Apps and Websites

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv