Looking for a small and nice case

MaartenDekkers
Go to solution Solved by Kaasgeelheid,

Can I get a picture?

Probably the worst photo a person can make, but whatever. Sorry for the "professional lighting" :P

YFPpfvp.jpg

Wow it's even worse now I see it on PC. That's what you get for buying a LG L9...

I'm looking for a case for my computer that is small (under 37cm in height).

I don't want:

Anything from Corsair

Bitfenix Phenom (I have it now)

Cases I like (in style):

200r

Node 304

Phenom

mATX or mITX is good :)

Fractal Design Core 1000?

Meh, don't like the mesh on the front. But keeping in mind!

Meh, don't like the mesh on the front. But keeping in mind!

I have recently built a system with the 200r, it's a really nice and affordable case. ( http://www.alternate.nl/Corsair/Carbide-200R-behuizing/html/product/1033775?event=search )

The only thing I didn't like was the partial lack of cable management options in the case.

Cubitek Minicube

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

out of those the Node 304 is my favorite 

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

Why get a small case when you have space enough?

Why get a small case when you have space enough?

Because I don't like big cases. They seem big to me.

Why don't you want anything from Corsair?

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

Why don't you want anything from Corsair?

I don't like any of the Corsair cases...

Because I don't like big cases. They seem big to me.

really now, I never would have guessed

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

i was gonna say 250d or 350d but oh well 

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

Xigmatek Aquila?

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Xigmatek Aquila?

I like the design but- it is too big in width (can you tell me if its the same width as the phenom)

I like the design but- it is too big in width (can you tell me if its the same width as the phenom)

phenom dimensions: 250mm width, 330mm height, 347mm depth

Aquila dimensions: 265mm width, 403mm height, 390mm depth

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Silvestone TJ08-e.  Its 37.4CM in height it and seems to be basically in a class of its own for small cases.  I wouldn't hesitate to get that one.

Silvestone TJ08-e. Its 37.4CM in height it and seems to be basically in a class of its own for small cases. I wouldn't hesitate to get that one.

Nope, too much on the front.

phenom dimensions: 250mm width, 330mm height, 347mm depth

Aquila dimensions: 265mm width, 403mm height, 390mm depth

Nope. Too thick.

What about either the arc mini r2, define mini or the nanoxia deep silence 4?

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

What about either the arc mini r2, define mini or the nanoxia deep silence 4?

Too big for him.

I love my Node 304, a breeze to build in and beautiful on my desk. Only thing you should be aware of is that you have limited room for your PSU. Bigger units will fit but requires some light modding.

THE signature

what about that lian li one? forget the model, look on their website

I love my Node 304, a breeze to build in and beautiful on my desk. Only thing you should be aware of is that you have limited room for your PSU. Bigger units will fit but requires some light modding.

Can I get a picture?

Can I get a picture?

Probably the worst photo a person can make, but whatever. Sorry for the "professional lighting" :P

YFPpfvp.jpg

Wow it's even worse now I see it on PC. That's what you get for buying a LG L9...

THE signature

YFPpfvp.jpg

Definetely Node 304! I think I will go for the black one :)