CPU compatibility

Lukeplys

Does the Asrock B550M PRO4  support Ryzen 5 5600x?

Edit: All good guys, I put up a quick test bench and everything works out of the box

2 minutes ago, Lukeplys said:

Supports it out of the box.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

1 minute ago, SorryClaire said:

Supports it out of the box.

I'll take your word for it, because now that I look at the actual box there is nothing said about the 5th gen ryzen, only 3rd and I couldn't find it on asrock's own website, they don't have the 5600x on the compatible list, but ok, I hope it's gonna work out of the box, because I don't have the money to buy a 3rd gen ryzen and flash the bios, I don't have any money leftXD and the stores here don't send out chips for bios flashing, it's not something that's known where I live and stores just don't do it.

1 minute ago, Lukeplys said:

I'll take your word for it, because now that I look at the actual box there is nothing said about the 5th gen ryzen, only 3rd and I couldn't find it on asrock's own website, they don't have the 5600x on the compatible list, but ok, I hope it's gonna work out of the box, because I don't have the money to buy a 3rd gen ryzen and flash the bios, I don't have any money leftXD and the stores here don't send out chips for bios flashing, it's not something that's known where I live and stores just don't do it.

Well then why dont they want to flash the bios straight on the store? Very weird to not have any test chips around to atleast boot the board. But yeah, in the case that it didnt work due to outdated BIOS you could request straight from AMD.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

4 minutes ago, Lukeplys said:

https://www.asrock.com/support/cpu.asp?s=AM4&u=654

It is on the official support list.

Current system. CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X; MoBo: Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master; RAM: 2x Crucial Ballistix MAX 2x8 GB (BLM2K8G40C18U4B); GPU: RX 6900 XT Gigabyte Aorus Master; case: Fractal Design Meshify-2; Storage: Samsung 980PRO 1TB NVMe SSD + 2x Samsung 980 1TB NVMe SSD; PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-850; Cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360.

13 minutes ago, krakek said:

It is on the official support list.

You shouldve bothered to read the 2nd column of that QVL list, that 2nd column says that the support starts from the bios version P1.20. If the board shipped with a lower version then OP is SOL and needs to update it.

image.png.a9318f04fe8802fc31a6f120757ac9c5.png

42 minutes ago, Lukeplys said:

Are you upgrading the CPU, but currently have this MOBO? B550 supports zen 3, but the vast majority of boards will require a BIOS update, which will require a compatible zen, zen+, or zen 2 processor with many boards.  

Make sure to quote my reply so I get a notification! 

54 minutes ago, Lukeplys said:

I'll take your word for it, because now that I look at the actual box there is nothing said about the 5th gen ryzen, only 3rd

You do realise that Ryzen 5xxx is NOT 5th Gen. in the same way that a 9900K (for example) is 9th Gen Intel Core...?

Ryzen 5xxx DESKTOP CPU's are actually Zen 3 - 3rd Gen. Zen architecture:

Zen - Ryzen 1xxx

Zen+ - Ryzen 2xxx

Zen 2 - Ryzen 3xxx

Zen 3 - Ryzen 5xxx

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

2 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

You shouldve bothered to read the 2nd column of that QVL list, that 2nd column says that the support starts from the bios version P1.20. If the board shipped with a lower version then OP is SOL and needs to update it.

image.png.a9318f04fe8802fc31a6f120757ac9c5.png

Thanks.

Current system. CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X; MoBo: Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master; RAM: 2x Crucial Ballistix MAX 2x8 GB (BLM2K8G40C18U4B); GPU: RX 6900 XT Gigabyte Aorus Master; case: Fractal Design Meshify-2; Storage: Samsung 980PRO 1TB NVMe SSD + 2x Samsung 980 1TB NVMe SSD; PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-850; Cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360.

2 hours ago, Eighjan said:

You do realise that Ryzen 5xxx is NOT 5th Gen. in the same way that a 9900K (for example) is 9th Gen Intel Core...?

Ryzen 5xxx DESKTOP CPU's are actually Zen 3 - 3rd Gen. Zen architecture:

Zen - Ryzen 1xxx

Zen+ - Ryzen 2xxx

Zen 2 - Ryzen 3xxx

Zen 3 - Ryzen 5xxx

Well, since they skipped 4xxx, wouldn't that make 5xxx 4th gen?

Feel free to @ me if you have any questions!
Please press the button if you think my advice was helpful! Thanks!

"Min-Maxing may not always be the best thing to do, but I will always try." - Me, 2021

PC specs:
-i5 2500k
-TP67B+
-Zotac gtx 970 (the wimpy version)
-256gb V-gen nvme ssd (@ me if you want to know how I gave my P67 board NVME support)
-1tb wd blue hdd
-Corsair CX550
-MSI Mag forge 100r

5 hours ago, MrP6k said:

Well, since they skipped 4xxx, wouldn't that make 5xxx 4th gen?

Nope... Ryzen 2xxx was only a Generation refresh.

Also, Ryzen 4xxx was a mobile only release.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!