New phone with good display for under 500$/€/£

Thorvald

I need a new phone that will last 3 years. My usecases are some social media, streaming and content consumption, browsing and no gaming. 

In terms of os im currently on android and like it alot so i would prefer android, though ios would be fine too.

It needs to be snappy and reliable, wich i expext for this pricepoint. Screen size should be around 6 inch or a little more. Resoulution minimum 1080, 1440 would be nice. High refresh rates would also be nice. Battery life isnt too important, as long as it lasts a day of not so heavy use.

Cameras need to be decent, but mostly just for snapchat so the bar isnt too high.

Long since i last bought a phone so looking forward to see what i can get. Budget 500$/€/£

Samsung a52? Ticks all the boxes and is around 300-350 pounds. Pixel 5a would be the next step up but the difference between the phones isn't amazing and for your use case I'd say the price increase over the a52 isn't worth it.

Google's 4a/5a and Samsung's A series would meet your needs well. There's also Xiaomi's Poco phones a step below those.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

2 hours ago, huilun02 said:

What's your current phone and why is it being replaced?

Did it last you 3 years?

What did you like and dislike about it?

What apps besides Snapchat do you need it to run?

How much storage does it have, and how much is filled?

Where do you intend to get it from? I am not aware of a country/region where USD, GBP and EUR are fungible. Price and availability of goods varies with locale.

No one can assure you that their suggestion is within your budget, unless you provide us with the means to verify it.

My current phone is a samsung a8 from 2018. Its been just fine for me, slowing down a little every year. It has lasted me nearly 3 years, but the screen is slightly cracked and the touch screen is sometimes unressponsive. I has been a decent phone for me though, but i want to buy a slightly higher end phone this time. Also I would be happy to buy a few years old flagship phone if it will be supported for at least 2 years and usable for 3. (Have been looking at the s20 and s20fe). 

Snapchat is the app i use the most, but also netflix and youtube a lot. Of course chrome for a lot of googling and general browsing. I never play games though so thats not a consideration. 

In terms of ram i do like to multitask and have several apps open at once, so ram is somewhat important.

Storage for my current phone is 32gb, wich is a little small but not a major issue. Tbh i would be fine with only 64gb for my next phone, though 128 would be nice.

I live in Norway and since NOK isnt a currency everyone is intimately familiar with i used usd, pounds and euors in the title. In general a phone thats 500 dollars in the us is 5000 nok in norway and my budget is around 5000 nok. Most phones are available and easy to get here.