Changing fan airflow

Rollinwild

I'm thinking of changing my bottom fan airflow to exhaust instead of intake. just to make the RGB look more sync with the other fans. also the front 3 to exhaust.. just want somebody opinion on this..

does fan airflow really matters in the first place? I tried to run all fans on max speed 2000rpm when my pc is hot and after a few minutes it still blows out hot air

IMG_20210905_055638_edit_133812613071768.jpg

6 minutes ago, Rollinwild said:

I'm thinking of changing my bottom fan airflow to exhaust instead of intake. just to make the RGB look more sync with the other fans. also the front 3 to exhaust.. just want somebody opinion on this..

does fan airflow really matters in the first place? I tried to run all fans on max speed 2000rpm when my pc is hot and after a few minutes it still blows out hot air

If you make them all exhaust… you won’t have any air going in and all the fans will be working against each other. Definitely do not do that.

Your current setup is good. Leave it how it’s is.

Yea, airflow matters. Heat will always come out of the case, it can’t magically disappear. More airflow will make the temp of the air lower that comes out as your flowing more air through the case, less of it will warm up. But hot air will always come out….

Leave it how it is, that is optimal. With that many fans you likely can turn the rpm down without much cooling impact, and less rpm means less noise which is the ultimate goal anyways, at least for me. 

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

3 hours ago, Rollinwild said:

is that a watch?...thats a first...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

yeah. i dont use it anymore and wanted to try something different, than just an action figure 

9 hours ago, LIGISTX said:

If you make them all exhaust… you won’t have any air going in and all the fans will be working against each other. Definitely do not do that.

Your current setup is good. Leave it how it’s is.

Yea, airflow matters. Heat will always come out of the case, it can’t magically disappear. More airflow will make the temp of the air lower that comes out as your flowing more air through the case, less of it will warm up. But hot air will always come out….

Leave it how it is, that is optimal. With that many fans you likely can turn the rpm down without much cooling impact, and less rpm means less noise which is the ultimate goal anyways, at least for me. 

thanks for the explanation. i just wanted to swap it because of how the rgb looks on the backside its abit different like faded colours

43 minutes ago, Rollinwild said:

thanks for the explanation. i just wanted to swap it because of how the rgb looks on the backside its abit different like faded colours

cant tell what what case you have. but I only know of 1 case that benefits from having bottom fans mounted in that area. so if aesthetics are the concern I'd recommend either removing the bottom fans all together or you could grab some reverse fans( they spin in th opposite direction) thermalright has some really good ones.

6 hours ago, narrdarr said:

cant tell what what case you have. but I only know of 1 case that benefits from having bottom fans mounted in that area. so if aesthetics are the concern I'd recommend either removing the bottom fans all together or you could grab some reverse fans( they spin in th opposite direction) thermalright has some really good ones.

i disagree the botem fans should help i would think i mean it can be tested.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

i disagree the botem fans should help i would think i mean it can be tested.

most of the time there is just nowhere for the fans to draw air from down there. but yes it can be tested. 

8 hours ago, Rollinwild said:

Sometimes function > form. Lol. 

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

Case looks good as is. Keep performance prioritised over looks & you’ll have a cooler/quieter system.

But by all means, experiment away - flip them & see if your load temps/noise change.

If you can feel cool air being drawn in currently, then you’ll most likely see a decrease in performance by flipping them.

What are your current GPU (& CPU) idle/load temps btw?

13 hours ago, narrdarr said:

most of the time there is just nowhere for the fans to draw air from down there. but yes it can be tested. 

ya some case have a closed off front some have a mostly cosled off and some are wide open. also some are solid on top well some have mesh. the lian li lancool dose it best thow gets air from the sides.

dont no why case dont do a hybrid of this get air from one side the back were most wont see the back if having a vent on the side make it ugly.  if and when i start the cheap pc build case mods i might add a side vent in. why not i have a dermal just need to buy some mesh but maybe pantyhose will do as its a cheap pc.

but  guess the problem with wide and long gpus trapping hot air at the bottom is not a wide problem i no gn hasent said anything but he dsoent test with a 3090 ether so...

i tryed to get a AMD Radeon HD 6990 watercooled off ebay but lost the bid... as it the cheapes hots gpu i could find as i dont want to spend $3000 for a 450w 3090... basicly i wanted a hot system to test with and see what cooling can be done to cooler it. i tell others what to try with there stuff but i dont really no because i cant test it...

the way i see it the more air to the gpu the better

Edited by thrasher_565