won a 3080 on new egg shuffle! but I've never used water cooling.. help?

Majew
On 10/7/2021 at 12:34 PM, thee_jay_sus said:

Glad you were able to get in watercooling! It's an awesome next step.

If you have time for a few questions as I have this card coming in a few days (also a Shuffle winner). What case are you using? I see you were able to horizontally mount the card. Based on what I can see it looks like you're working in an O11 dynamic. Just want to make sure it's not an XL.

Second, I've read that removing the block can be difficult due to the faceplate. Did you run into any issues if you did open it up?

Cheers, Jay.

I did not mount it vertically but I did find a good mount to do so. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08BWZCY56/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I am using a O11 dynamic.
removing the block was not that hard, there are 2 different sized screws though so keep them organized! the hardest part was pulling the cover off, it felt so wrong to use the amount of force to get it off but those thermal pads and paste were really on there! lol

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure what to do... My temps seemed high so I added a second raditor and that seemed to help for a week or so, but now by cpu is idelling at 55C and around 75C while gaming. It doesnt appear to moving much liquid after passing though the GPU. There is a much a build up in the GPU but I can't seem to clean it off, when I tried the small metal (fins?) seemed to chip... Are they supposed to be brown? Water cooling this PC has turned into a nightmare, help!?