780 ti windforce sli?

duncan5200

Hello, all, I am planning on upgrading to dual 780 ti, I currently have a 780 ti windforce, I love the card but I want to do more three monitor gaming, and the frames just dont work in all the games, this wouldnt be for a few months, but I want to make a major upgrade to my rig, depending between making a custom, loop or going dual 780 ti, leaning towards dual gpus, now my question being will the 780 ti windofrce be okay as far as thermals go, I have a sniper 5 mobo, and my case is the 750d, stock intake fans, h100i in the top pushing air out, and a single 140mm in the back, probably will add a fan to the bottom when I do this, for more fresh air, would the thermals be okay, or should I sacrifice the looks and getr a stock refernce 780 ti, or will the windforce cards be fine?

Mouse: Razer Death Adder 2013 Keybaord: Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013

they should be fine but i would do your self a favor and get yourself some really nice fans, and that will most like help you with your thermals if you are concerned about them.

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

Hello, all, I am planning on upgrading to dual 780 ti, I currently have a 780 ti windforce, I love the card but I want to do more three monitor gaming, and the frames just dont work in all the games, this wouldnt be for a few months, but I want to make a major upgrade to my rig, depending between making a custom, loop or going dual 780 ti, leaning towards dual gpus, now my question being will the 780 ti windofrce be okay as far as thermals go, I have a sniper 5 mobo, and my case is the 750d, stock intake fans, h100i in the top pushing air out, and a single 140mm in the back, probably will add a fan to the bottom when I do this, for more fresh air, would the thermals be okay, or should I sacrifice the looks and getr a stock refernce 780 ti, or will the windforce cards be fine?

If you want more performance, definitely get another GTX 780 Ti. As far as thermals go, you're not going to have any problem as long as you have a gap between the two cards. If you want recommendations on fans, I would suggest that you look at Gentle Typhoons and Noiseblocker.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Try it on air, it should be fine anyways. If you really don't like the temps you should change your fan configuration so you get the best temps (will take some work). If you still don't like the thermals then go water. But you should be able to place the second 780 Ti in a lower slot and still have fresh air going to both.

Hmmm... You make a good question relating to the space between the GPU's however have you considered the following:

- That the GPU's are sufficient for CrossXfire or SLi? (Two 690's in CrossXfire can out perform even Ti's)

- Cooling? Do you really think airflow alone will be able to sustain the lifetime of those two GPU's and/or the internal tempretures?

- Power Consumption (If you don'thave enough, your computer won't be working for very long)

If anything, don't SLI or CrossXfire Titans as it will only destroy your cards for little extra performance.

they should be fine but i would do your self a favor and get yourself some really nice fans, and that will most like help you with your thermals if you are concerned about them.

Planning on it, dont know which ones yet though.

If you want more performance, definitely get another GTX 780 Ti. As far as thermals go, you're not going to have any problem as long as you have a gap between the two cards. If you want recommendations on fans, I would suggest that you look at Gentle Typhoons and Noiseblocker.

Ill take a look, Im interested in fance with green leds, I really like green.

Try it on air, it should be fine anyways. If you really don't like the temps you should change your fan configuration so you get the best temps (will take some work). If you still don't like the thermals then go water. But you should be able to place the second 780 Ti in a lower slot and still have fresh air going to both.

Ill place them in both green pci-e slots on the sniper 5, which is why I got the mobo for the big gap between the gpus, and its one or the other, thermals are good, I guess it wont really help since i dont plan on ocing anbytime soon, but 780 ti will help my surround setup.

Hmmm... You make a good question relating to the space between the GPU's however have you considered the following:

- That the GPU's are sufficient for CrossXfire or SLi? (Two 690's in CrossXfire can out perform even Ti's)

- Cooling? Do you really think airflow alone will be able to sustain the lifetime of those two GPU's and/or the internal tempretures?

- Power Consumption (If you don'thave enough, your computer won't be working for very long)

If anything, don't SLI or CrossXfire Titans as it will only destroy your cards for little extra performance.

I have a 780 ti already, so im keeping it unless I can sell it and get a maxewell card for same price, I have a rm850 watt psu, and I guess the airflow should be good, and wouldnt it be alot not just a little?

Planning on it, dont know which ones yet though.

Ill take a look, Im interested in fance with green leds, I really like green.

Ill place them in both green pci-e slots on the sniper 5, which is why I got the mobo for the big gap between the gpus, and its one or the other, thermals are good, I guess it wont really help since i dont plan on ocing anbytime soon, but 780 ti will help my surround setup.

and i would get gentle typhoons like @WunderWuffle said and that would help a good amount and if you really want a black and green sort of themed build i would get a reference one but i still think that the windforce would have better cooling 

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

...don't SLI or CrossXfire Titans as it will only destroy your cards for little extra performance.

I don't really understand how SLIing or CrossFireXing two GPUs will kill them. You will get slightly less than double the performance that you're going to get with one card if you SLI/CFX them.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

I have a 780 ti already, so im keeping it unless I can sell it and get a maxewell card for same price, I have a rm850 watt psu, and I guess the airflow should be good, and wouldnt it be alot not just a little?

That depends entirely on the other components also, regarding the extra usage of SLI or CrossXfire. 

Umm, may i say something you cannot crossfire titans, sorry i had too 

and i would get gentle typhoons like @WunderWuffle said and that would help a good amount and if you really want a black and green sort of themed build i would get a reference one but i still think that the windforce would have better cooling 

Actually the look would be better with windforce since i already have a windforce, mismatched coolers are ugly, im just a little unshure since there not blower style but open.

Actually the look would be better with windforce since i already have a windforce, mismatched coolers are ugly, im just a little unshure since there not blower style but open.

yeah, i would go for the windforce and some new fans, that will be your best bet

That depends entirely on the other components also, regarding the extra usage of SLI or CrossXfire. 

Well I got a baller rig i think that the perfomance should increase

Umm, may i say something you cannot crossfire titans, sorry i had too 

yep

I don't really understand how SLIing or CrossFireXing two GPUs will kill them. You will get slightly less than double the performance that you're going to get with one card if you SLI/CFX them.

Will it drastically help my surround setup?

yeah, i would go for the windforce and some new fans, that will be your best bet

Got that, well Im not in a positon to buy currently, but now I know what to save up for, thanks your extremely help ful

Well I got a baller rig i think that the perfomance should increase

yep

Expect a drastic increase in fps if you have enough VRAM.

It should at least JayzTwoCents from youtube just went from one display and one 780(non ti) to SLI 780's and surround displays and he said he is getting great performance you can check out his video about it here:

Expect a drastic increase in fps if you have enough VRAM.

3gb enough?

It should at least JayzTwoCents from youtube just went from one display and one 780(non ti) to SLI 780's and surround displays and he said he is getting great performance you can check out his video about it here:

Thanks I will

3gb enough?

Thanks I will

If you're not having any issues with the VRAM currently, you're probably fine.

Got that, well Im not in a positon to buy currently, but now I know what to save up for, thanks your extremely help ful

yep, anytime if you need any other help at all feel free to message me and i would be happy to help

I have a Windforce card and know of the amount of heat/air that blows out of that design within the case...

Mod your side panel with good placement of 2-4 fans (1 big one?) to suck out that expelled air from your GPU's. No more excessive heat bellowing upwards into your CPU cooling.

Which can be quite a lot, 65*c+ @ 50-70% fan speed or more, expel it faster with side panel exhausts.

Mount a fan or two @ rear of the GPU's for airflow input, with those side panels sucking air out.. Will be sweet.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

yep, anytime if you need any other help at all feel free to message me and i would be happy to help

Okay here is a question should I get gentle typhoon 120mm for teh case fans over my stock corsair 140mm case fans, and are gelid wings good as case fans, or are these rad fans?

I have a Windforce card and know of the amount of heat/air that blows out of that design within the case...

Mod your side panel with good placement of 2-4 fans (1 big one?) to suck out that expelled air from your GPU's. No more excessive heat bellowing upwards into your CPU cooling.

Which can be quite a lot, 65*c+ @ 50-70% fan speed or more, expel it faster with side panel exhausts.

Mount a fan or two @ rear of the GPU's for airflow input, with those side panels sucking air out.. Will be sweet.

Eesh, I got the 750d it looks so good, I cant mod the side pannel, i dont know how, dont want to ruin the case, and want to keep hte looks, my cpu is stock clocks with a h100i i think its fine.

Okay here is a question should I get gentle typhoon 120mm for teh case fans over my stock corsair 140mm case fans, and are gelid wings good as case fans, or are these rad fans?

Yes the stock corsair fans from what i understand are not very good, and i do not know about gelid fans, and there are pretty much two types of fans, air flow fans, and static pressure fans static pressure fans are for radiators and air flow fans are most of the time case fans, any fans i guess you could say are good as case fans, but air flow ones are better for cases, take a look at the AP121 or AP123 for case fans they are for airflow and Linus even uses them in his system, and i believe he has them on his rads in his computer, and they look good :P

Yes the stock corsair fans from what i understand are not very good, and i do not know about gelid fans, and there are pretty much two types of fans, air flow fans, and static pressure fans static pressure fans are for radiators and air flow fans are most of the time case fans, any fans i guess you could say are good as case fans, but air flow ones are better for cases, take a look at the AP121 or AP123 for case fans they are for airflow and Linus even uses them in his system, and i believe he has them on his rads in his computer, and they look good :P

Okay, Ill probably get those, I have moved the drive cages, so there is one completely un blocked fan blowing right towards the gpu, would it be better to have a static pressure here or is airflow still king?