Galaxy Watch 4 has even LESS apps

Daethz

I just got my Galaxy Watch 4, noticed there is no samsung store at all, all samsung ported was their most simple apps like calender/calculator/bixby

There's no internet browser, and there's only like 10 watch faces total on the store while tizen store had thousands, and multiple apps I have installed are essentially just watch viewers for phone apps, sigh.

the irony that I thought android wear would increase available apps

And the only real Operating System "change" is the swipe up/all app screen, otherwise it resembles tizen identically.

...Hopefully people make apps for it?

System Specs: AMD 5950x PBO-AutoNoctua DH-15 Black | Gigabyte x570 MasterEVGA 3080FTW3 Ultra | (2x16gb) G.Skill Royal 3600mhz CL18 | Corsair 5000D Airflow (Black) Samsung 980 Pro 2TB & Firecuda 520 1TB & Crucial MX500 2tb850W Corsair RMX | 2 Noctua A14 CPU, 6 Noctua A12x25 Intake, 3x Noctua F12 Top Exhaust, 1x Noctua A12x25 Back Exhaust

Monitors: (Main) LG Ultragear 34" 2k Ultrawide 144hz IPS '34GP83A-B' (Side) Acer Predator 27" 2k 144hz TN 'Abmiprz'

Peripherals: Corsair K100 OPX | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Corsair Virtuoso SE | Audioengine A2+

17 hours ago, Daethz said:

I just got my Galaxy Watch 4, noticed there is no samsung store at all, all samsung ported was their most simple apps like calender/calculator/bixby

There's no internet browser, and there's only like 10 watch faces total on the store while tizen store had thousands, and multiple apps I have installed are essentially just watch viewers for phone apps, sigh.

the irony that I thought android wear would increase available apps

And the only real Operating System "change" is the swipe up/all app screen, otherwise it resembles tizen identically.

...Hopefully people make apps for it?

The Play Store is supposed to have a better ecosystem, but it sounds like that might not change the practical reality for you.

I suspect things will get better, but this also suggests Apple isn't about to lose much sleep. I'd definitely get a Galaxy Watch if I was going all-in on Android (or more specifically, Samsung), but I don't think it'll sway folks that are firmly in the Apple Watch camp.

Yeah, there was a lot of dishonesty in the gadget community regarding the greatness of the Google Play Store vs the Samsung Galaxy Apps Store. Most of it, I presume, was from makers that were limited to Android Wear.

But, the reality is, Google effectively killed off the Galaxy Apps store with antitrust. They refused to add Google authentication to anything there, so major third parties stayed off it as it was too much hassle dealing with separate DRM solutions for their apps. Now that Samsung is on Google Play app developers will most likely start porting their stuff from the Galaxy store and the ones who stayed off completely are more likely to jump onboard.

Really hoping someone comes out with a legit internet browser app, the samsung browser didnt get ported, the only one available is some sketchy third party one that wants you to buy his pro edition.

System Specs: AMD 5950x PBO-AutoNoctua DH-15 Black | Gigabyte x570 MasterEVGA 3080FTW3 Ultra | (2x16gb) G.Skill Royal 3600mhz CL18 | Corsair 5000D Airflow (Black) Samsung 980 Pro 2TB & Firecuda 520 1TB & Crucial MX500 2tb850W Corsair RMX | 2 Noctua A14 CPU, 6 Noctua A12x25 Intake, 3x Noctua F12 Top Exhaust, 1x Noctua A12x25 Back Exhaust

Monitors: (Main) LG Ultragear 34" 2k Ultrawide 144hz IPS '34GP83A-B' (Side) Acer Predator 27" 2k 144hz TN 'Abmiprz'

Peripherals: Corsair K100 OPX | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Corsair Virtuoso SE | Audioengine A2+