Modmic Uni 3.5 sounds...Horrendous?

chawndi

Just got my modmic today and....It sounds horrible? Insane amounts of static whenever I talk or in shadowplay clips...Quality just seems terrible. Heard so much good stuff about these mics and I guess I'm the lucky contestant who's sounded quite the opposite.

Any help if theres any software or any tips to remove alot of this static/whitenoise?!

Thanks.

20 minutes ago, chawndi said:

Just got my modmic today and....It sounds horrible? Insane amounts of static whenever I talk

Yes. It has insane static issues in most of its batch, but you should be able to filter it out with a noise suppression algorithm like RTX voice or built in to apps like OBS.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

If there's a lot of static on a microphone that usually means the cable's connection is bad, there is a lot of audible interference coming from another source, or your audio codec/computer bias voltage is noisy.

Most of the above issues can be fixed by plugging into a USB adapter. Alternatively try testing with a phone if you have the appropriate analog adapters to confirm.