After a while PC slows down in games (frame rate and latency) until DirectX crashes

nightmarevoid

I have a pretty weird problem which may stem from the recent history of my PC.

a couple months ago my PC started randomly crashing to a hard reboot in demanding tasks. I eventually determined the problem was my PSU so I got a replacement from Corsair.

At the same time I decided to do a reset on my PC using window's built in function for it (this was to eliminate other factors in troubleshooting). It installed drivers automatically, but I don't think they were all correct as I also started to get that windows audio bug on Nvidia audio devices where there's a delay between starting an audio output and actually hearing it.

Now everything's back together and there aren't power issues, but after a while of playing games they will start to slow down significantly, and this usually seems to be tied to some function happening in the game. For instance I was playing Dark Souls III today and after leaving a message on the ground my game slowed down. Restarting the game didn't help. When I was playing COD:MW I had a situation where every time I died my framerate got lower and my latency increased until I crashed and got a DirectX error. If I'm streaming, then the stream will also crash and will give me an encoding error.

My GPU is an Aorus GTX 1080Ti. I've been checking temperatures and the highest it's ever gotten is 76 degrees (92 in a hot spot according to HWINFO). My GPU is essentially open to fresh air.

Thank you for helping. This has been pretty frustrating for me.

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHz 2x8GB

Corsair SFX 750W

Phanteks Evolve Shift Air (glass front)

2x Corsair Force GS 120GB SSD (RAID 0)

what about your cpu?

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

I don't really know but it might be about loading scenes. For instance when you die it (probably) reloads the scene but if it doesn't delete the previous one it will waste resources.

4 minutes ago, adarw said:

what about your cpu?

CPU is a water cooler 3700X. It rarely goes above 60 degrees

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHz 2x8GB

Corsair SFX 750W

Phanteks Evolve Shift Air (glass front)

2x Corsair Force GS 120GB SSD (RAID 0)