What should I upgrade first?

nitroaid

HI guys im looking to upgrade soon but debating if to start by updating my CPU motherboard and RAM or if to update my graphics card first my eventual aim is to run AAA titles at 1440p 60fps rather than my current performance of medium low settings at 1080p聽馃槄聽Iam currently using an i5 3470 @3.2ghz with an rx 550 2gb any pointers would be appreciated. THANKS GUYS!!!聽

I'd say GPU as you could still game hard with a 3rd gen CPU, I'd just wait for a good deal and buy that first tho

Just now, ArdaBarda said:

I'd say GPU as you could still game hard with a 3rd gen CPU, I'd just wait for a good deal and buy that first tho

Ive been debating what to go for what would you choose聽I was thinking an RX 570 or maybe the 580

Just now, nitroaid said:

Ive been debating what to go for what would you choose聽I was thinking an RX 570 or maybe the 580

580 for sure

1 minute ago, ArdaBarda said:

580 for sure

Thanks for the input buddy greatly appreciated!!

i would vote for cpu. the 550 isnt that bad at the moment and finding a gpu now for a good price is going to be really hard. finding a cpu on the other hand will be a breeze.

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

Just now, adarw said:

i would vote for cpu. the 550 isnt that bad at the moment and finding a gpu now for a good price is going to be really hard. finding a cpu on the other hand will be a breeze.

What would you be suggesting mate and would you recommend a new motherboard as well as Im using a聽msi h61m-p31/w8聽

2 minutes ago, nitroaid said:

What would you be suggesting mate and would you recommend a new motherboard as well as Im using a聽msi h61m-p31/w8聽

it would probly be better to buy a new motherboard and ram aswell. if your on a budget you can look at used options but what your budget be for new things?

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

1 minute ago, adarw said:

it would probly be better to buy a new motherboard and ram aswell. if your on a budget you can look at used options but what your budget be for new things?

With the eventual plan being to get a 580 to be paired with a new CPU would you say something like a Ryzen 5 2600 would be a good option with an inital 8gb of RAM eventually upgrading to 16

20 minutes ago, nitroaid said:

How much can you get that 580 for? It's still a great GPU, but if you can find a 1650S or 5500 xt for a similar price it would be better.

2 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

How much can you get that 580 for? It's still a great GPU, but if you can find a 1660 6gb or 5500 xt for a similar price it would be better.

Im looking at spending around 拢100聽more for the 580 4gb compared to a 1660 6gb

https://uk.webuy.com/product-detail?id=sgraamdradrx5804gb&categoryName=pci-express-graphics-cards&superCatName=computing&title=amd-radeon-rx-580-4gb&referredFrom=search

https://uk.webuy.com/product-detail?id=sgranvi1660gtx6gb&categoryName=pci-express-graphics-cards&superCatName=computing&title=nvidia-geforce-gtx-1660-6gb-gddr5&referredFrom=search

3 minutes ago, nitroaid said:

In that case the 580 would be better. How much can you find a 5500 XT for? Should perform the same as a 1660 (non Super), faster than a 580

Just now, Pixelfie said:

In that case the 580 would be better. How much can you find a 5500 XT for? Should perform the same as a 1660 (non Super), faster than a 580

For a 5500 XT 4GB im looking at around 260 and the 8gb being about 290 so I'd go for the 580 right for best price to performance?

18 minutes ago, nitroaid said:

For a 5500 XT 4GB im looking at around 260 and the 8gb being about 290 so I'd go for the 580 right for best price to performance?

I would get a 5500 XT or 580. They both have good price/performance with current pricing, it's just up to you if you want to pay that extra 60 for 10-20% more performance, less power usage and heat.