AMD OR INTEL

AM PLANNING TO BUILD A PC FOR WHICH CPU SHOULD I GO FOR ( MY ONLY CONCERN IS THAT I SHOULD BE ABLE TO RUN THE CPU FOR ATLEAST 3,4 OR MORE YEARS WHITHOUT LAG OR ANY ISSUES) WHICH CPU BRAND SHOULD I GO FOR INTEL OR AMD

It depends on what kind of work you're doing. At the moment AMD is great for multitasking so most people such as streamers use it but Intel is better at singular focused tasks which is why gamers use them. I'd personally reccomend Intel for the moment but it all depends on your use case

10 minutes ago, Benji said:

Also, what is up with that capslock garbage? That shit can go to hell, period. There's this beautiful, magnificent key that can disable it again after it has been accidentally enabled.

OP joined as of typing ~33mins ago. Created post ~24mins ago and has been gone since. Title = AMD or INTEL, looks like an attempt to start a flamewar topic... but maybe that's just me? Important thing is, looks like no one is biting, or everyone is on the same page which says, AMD for now? Would be a first, but stranger things have happened...... i think.

I have no signature

5 minutes ago, Helly said:

OP joined as of typing ~33mins ago. Created post ~24mins ago and has been gone since. Title = AMD or INTEL, looks like an attempt to start a flamewar topic... but maybe that's just me? Important thing is, looks like no one is biting, or everyone is on the same page which says, AMD for now? Would be a first, but stranger things have happened...... i think.

I've had previous accounts when I was younger and wanted to make a return to the forums, didn't use them because I didn't want my cringe past associated with me lol. Not looking for a fight or anything with the flamewar stuff, just haven't really kept up to date with CPU usage since mid-late 2019 & Early 2020 BEFORE 5th gen Ryzen's release. Sorry to confuse anybody, shouldn't have replied to this thread if I didn't know what I was talking about

EDIT: Just saw you said OP, but hopefully that gives you some context lol

1 hour ago, RISHIKESH ANIL said:

AM PLANNING TO BUILD A PC FOR WHICH CPU SHOULD I GO FOR ( MY ONLY CONCERN IS THAT I SHOULD BE ABLE TO RUN THE CPU FOR ATLEAST 3,4 OR MORE YEARS WHITHOUT LAG OR ANY ISSUES) WHICH CPU BRAND SHOULD I GO FOR INTEL OR AMD

TONE DOWN ON THE ALL CAPS. IMO, if you're using it for work/simple tasks (MS Word for example), or older games (Minecraft) and you don't want to get 5th gen Ryzen, get an intel, otherwise, if you need good multi-core performance, go Ryzen. Don't go anywhere near UserBenchmark.

"I have no manager. I can't be managed."

1 hour ago, Helly said:

Good thing we all agree then

P.S. I added a status to their profile

Edited by IcyByte

"I have no manager. I can't be managed."

As of right now, the only reason to go Intel, strangely enough, is budget. The Intel chips that are comparable to what AMD has on offer in the sub-$400 range will generally be more affordable. Once you go $400 and up, though, Intel really has nothing that competes significantly or at all with AMD.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

10 hours ago, RISHIKESH ANIL said:

I'm in the same boat, thinking on a new PC build. I'm leaning towards AMD those Ryzen 5000s are impressive. One thing I looked at though is which platform/chipset gave me all the features I was looking for so I started with the motherboard which then led to my choice for AMD.

11 hours ago, ADarkBard said:

I'm in the same boat, thinking on a new PC build. I'm leaning towards AMD those Ryzen 5000s are impressive. One thing I looked at though is which platform/chipset gave me all the features I was looking for so I started with the motherboard which then led to my choice for AMD.

Honestly, I wouldn't go that route. Most of the time, you can expand a good Motherboard with add in cards. For Wifi, USB and much more. So I would rather stick to the pure performance. In this case, AMD is currently the way to go. The 5800X is the mid tier Ryzen CPU and beats out the 11900K top CPU from Intel in some applications. And Ryzen also has the 5900X and 5950X. If you want long term savings, the 5600X has a really low power consumption, which means it will be cheaper to run.

So I try to go AMD first right now. If theres a new generation and Intel is ahead, then I will switch for my new build.

intel for budget, and just works. amd's still a bit quirky but if you want performance or if ur getting an expensive gpu, then amd's just better.

5950x 1.33v 5.05 4.5 88C 195w ll R20 12k ll drp4 ll x570 dark hero ll gskill 4x8gb 3666 14-14-14-32-320-24-2T (zen trfc)  1.45v 45C 1.15v soc ll 6950xt gaming x trio 325w 60C ll samsung 970 500gb nvme os ll sandisk 4tb ssd ll 6x nf12/14 ippc fans ll tt gt10 case ll evga g2 1300w ll w10 pro ll 34GN850B ll AW3423DW

9900k 1.36v 5.1avx 4.9ring 85C 195w (daily) 1.02v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5500 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 14-14-14-30-280-20 ddr3666bdie 1.45v 45C 1.22sa/1.18 io  ll EVGA 30 non90 tie ftw3 1920//10000 0.85v 300w 71C ll  6x nf14 ippc 2000rpm ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll l sandisk 4tb sata ssd +4tb exssd backup ll 2x 500gb samsung 970 evo raid 0 llCorsair graphite 780T ll EVGA P2 1200w ll w10p ll NEC PA241w ll pa32ucg-k

prebuilt 5800 stock ll 2x8gb ddr4 cl17 3466 ll oem 3080 0.85v 1890//10000 290w 74C ll 27gl850b ll pa272w ll w11