Anybody want a short non professional Samson Meteor review?

ManOfDisguise

I am pretty much a noob when it comes to mic and audio gear but I could give a short non professional review once I get my Samson Meteor mic this week. Would anyone want that? Because its not worth it doing one if noone is gona read it.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Ehh enjoy it, I doubt anyone really wants it. Its a great mic though :D I have one for myself. 

I'm not really looking to buy one but I'd still read it. Helps when giving other suggestions :)

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Ehh enjoy it, I doubt anyone really wants it. Its a great mic though :D I have one for myself. 

how is it?

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I'm not really looking to buy one but I'd still read it. Helps when giving other suggestions :)

cool! might just make it. maybe just for fun :P

Specs of my PC:

I would like to see one. I have been eying that mic for a while now. Probably would a good thing to hear someone's thoughts on it. Also make sure to include a sound quality test.

Quote me to get a reply!

I would like to see one. I have been eying that mic for a while now. Probably would a good thing to hear someone's thoughts on it. Also make sure to include a sound quality test.

sure ill make it then but whats a good program to download to do the test and post it here? i dont really have any experience with that

Specs of my PC:

sure ill make it then but whats a good program to download to do the test and post it here? i dont really have any experience with that

What I mean by quality test to have a recording of your voice. You can use whatever to record this. You can either upload to youtube or soundcloud if you really want too.

Quote me to get a reply!

What I mean by quality test to have a recording of your voice. You can use whatever to record this. You can either upload to youtube or soundcloud if you really want too.

ok guess ill do it through yt

Specs of my PC:

how is it?

I like mine, Its pretty nice for team Speak and stuff. Never tried it for Video and audio record though. 

You could do a video review and blabber on about anything; that way we can just listen to how clear your voice is :P

Own one myself, its great as long as you dont use it with a mechanical keyboard and skype :D

My friends hate it due to how sensitive it is so im using a headset when i chat with them and the meteor mic for other conversations, my only issue is where to place it, i need to get and arm for it and then do some proper adjusting.

Own one myself, its great as long as you dont use it with a mechanical keyboard and skype :D

My friends hate it due to how sensitive it is so im using a headset when i chat with them and the meteor mic for other conversations, my only issue is where to place it, i need to get and arm for it and then do some proper adjusting.

Is it so sensitive that it can easily pick up the fan sounds of the PC, like from about half meters away? I've been thinking of getting Samson meteor mic maybe once I save enough in 6 months, but my PC's Gigabyte GTX 590 happens to be insanely loud (about as loud as a hairdryer when playing games).

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Is it so sensitive that it can easily pick up the fan sounds of the PC, like from about half meters away? I've been thinking of getting Samson meteor mic maybe once I save enough in 6 months, but my PC's Gigabyte GTX 590 happens to be insanely loud (about as loud as a hairdryer when playing games).

Don´t think so, no one every complained about Fans, and mine are at a high RPM (35-40 db where i sit) and the mic is slightly over half a meter away.

I'm quite fond of user reviews. While they're not always as scientifically accurate in the ways that they're done, they can offer a much more down to earth realistic average use case scenario. And they're not obligated to stretch the truth. So if you can write up an eligible review from your point of view, I'd be interested in giving it a read.

I'm quite fond of user reviews. While they're not always as scientifically accurate in the ways that they're done, they can offer a much more down to earth realistic average use case scenario. And they're not obligated to stretch the truth. So if you can write up an eligible review from your point of view, I'd be interested in giving it a read.

hm looks like im gona have to do it now :P

Specs of my PC: