Help me pick between these two

I’m thinking about which case is better to get the lian li 011D mini or the 011d. I really like the mini Bc of its smaller size but the few things that set me back are the limitations like not much radiator support if you want an ATX motherboard and the sfx power supply which is a little harder to find and more expensive than a regular psu. What do you guys think I should do. Plus I like the minis design over the normal one

3281DB10-2D35-4279-A03F-EED398BB4F6A.png

FYI my 011d wouldn't take an ekwb 1080ti GPU block set in the normal potion. It had to be vertical.

i7 12700k @ 5.1GHz OC (EKWB) / Msi Edge wifi ddr4 / Asus TUF 3080ti (EKWB) / Acer XB327 270HZ, 3x LG 27GL83A-B 144hz, SONY KDL40D3000 Thermaltake P5 / 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / Samsung 980 pro 1tb NVMe ssd, Serbrent 1tb NVMe ssd,Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Samsung 860 PRO SSD (raid), 2 TB Seagate HDDSeasonic TX 1000w titanium/ EK-FC1080 Ti GTX ASUS Strix RGB GPU Block, EK-Supremacy EVO, EK-CoolStream XE 360 [6x120 Thermaltake Ring fans], EK-CoolStream XE 360 slim [6x120 Thermaltake Ring fans],  EK-DDC 3.2 PWM Elite Edition, EK-RES X3 250 RGBMountain Everest custom with Sorbothane sound dampening / Razer Viper Ultimate, Logitec G502 , Logitec G Pro Wireless / Beardynamic DT1990 PRO with Litz wire full conversion to balanced, custom cable in Litz, Dakoni ear pads going through Topping E30 DAC to Singxer SA-1 amp/Sennhieser HD598, Sennhieser GSP 670, Custom Floor Standing Speakers in 5.1, Panasonic amp. Rode NT-USB on Rode boom.

1 hour ago, MedKit said:

things that set me back are the limitations like not much radiator support

First, you should think about what you really want.

And keep in mind, you should still want in in 5 years (if you keep your PC that long).

1. Air cooling or water cooling? There are 2 reasons for water cooling: very low temps with big 3 fan radiators and low profile for slim cases, like the phanteks evolv shift. But there is pump noise, so air cooling might be quieter and easier to maintain, since you just have to blow out the dust, it can't leak and the only thing, which could break is the fan.
Now you know, if you need a case with radiator support, or a high CPU clearance.

2. Do you want RGB? Look at RGB PC showcases for an hour and if you didn't get bored and you still like it, you might still like it in a few years. But keep in mind, RGB costs extra for the same performance and there are better non RGB fans than RGB fans.

Now you know, if you want glass and RGB or not.

3. Desk top or floor? If you want a lot of free space on our desk, you might want to go for a mid-tower, so you can reach the power button and the I/O for using flash drives, headsets and so on. Mid-towers have more space for big 140 mm fans, which are quieter (less RPM) with the same airflow performance as smaller fans. Also ATX PSUs' fans are bigger and they cost less than SFX PSUs with the same quality and power.
If you want to put it on your desk to have a better view, you should pick something small with the I/O in the front of the case.

I hope, this helps you.

My build:

CPU

Intel Core i7 9700 8x 3.00GHz So.1151

CPU cooler

be quiet! Shadow Rock Slim

Motherboard

MSI B360-A PRO Intel B360 So.1151 Dual Channel DDR4 ATX

RAM

16GB (4x 4096MB) HyperX FURY black DDR4-2666

GPU

8GB Gigabyte GeForce RTX2070 WindForce 2X 3xDP/HDMI

SSD

500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 2280

HDD

4000GB WD Red WD40EFRX Intellipower 64MB 3.5" (8.9cm) SATA 6Gb/s

Power Supply

bequiet! Straight Power 750W Platinum

Case

Fractal Design Define R6
3x bequiet! Silent Wings 3 PWM

I would go mini. I seriously considered moving to a Mini from an XL, if you can get a mATX motherboard they're basically perfect. They actually have more GPU space than the full size O11D. 

[ P R O J E C T _ M E L L I F E R A ]

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

6900K | RTX2080 | 32GB DDR4-3000 | Custom Loop 

2 hours ago, suedseefrucht said:

First, you should think about what you really want.

And keep in mind, you should still want in in 5 years (if you keep your PC that long).

1. Air cooling or water cooling? There are 2 reasons for water cooling: very low temps with big 3 fan radiators and low profile for slim cases, like the phanteks evolv shift. But there is pump noise, so air cooling might be quieter and easier to maintain, since you just have to blow out the dust, it can't leak and the only thing, which could break is the fan.
Now you know, if you need a case with radiator support, or a high CPU clearance.

2. Do you want RGB? Look at RGB PC showcases for an hour and if you didn't get bored and you still like it, you might still like it in a few years. But keep in mind, RGB costs extra for the same performance and there are better non RGB fans than RGB fans.

Now you know, if you want glass and RGB or not.

3. Desk top or floor? If you want a lot of free space on our desk, you might want to go for a mid-tower, so you can reach the power button and the I/O for using flash drives, headsets and so on. Mid-towers have more space for big 140 mm fans, which are quieter (less RPM) with the same airflow performance as smaller fans. Also ATX PSUs' fans are bigger and they cost less than SFX PSUs with the same quality and power.
If you want to put it on your desk to have a better view, you should pick something small with the I/O in the front of the case.

I hope, this helps you.

Thank you it did help me a lot! 

25 minutes ago, HM-2 said:

I would go mini. I seriously considered moving to a Mini from an XL, if you can get a mATX motherboard they're basically perfect. They actually have more GPU space than the full size O11D. 

Yeah that’s the problem the motherboard, and I found a really good motherboard but it was atx and if you have any mATX motherboards that are white please tell me. Also I don’t like mATX a lot Bc of the limitations so if u can find one with 4 DRAM slots that would be really helpful

3 minutes ago, MedKit said:

Thank you it did help me a lot! And if want simple answers to your questions:

1. AIO water cooling

2. Rgb 

3. Desk top

57 minutes ago, MedKit said:

Yeah that’s the problem the motherboard, and I found a really good motherboard but it was atx and if you have any mATX motherboards that are white please tell me. Also I don’t like mATX a lot Bc of the limitations so if u can find one with 4 DRAM slots that would be really helpful

All/most mATX boards have 4 RAM slots. You're thinking of ITX. 

What processor are you intending on using? 

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

8 hours ago, MedKit said:

I found a really good motherboard but it was atx and if you have any mATX motherboards that are white please tell me.

Which chipset?

14 hours ago, MedKit said:

lian li 011D mini or the 011d.

I wouldn't pick anyone of those, because they are big for their restriction for power supplies.

Even the 011D mini has a volume of 43 liters and it just supports SFX power supplies.
So if you want to go for SFF, the cooler master NR200 is much smaller (and available in white). Even the phanteks evolv shift 2 (black or silver) has half the volume of the 011D mini.

Or you want an ATX power supply. Then you could go for the phanteks evolv itx (available in white). It's smaller than the 011d mini and it still supports ATX power supplies.

My build:

CPU

CPU cooler

Motherboard

RAM

GPU

SSD

HDD

Power Supply

Case

Fractal Design Define R6

the 011 is skinner so cpu coolers like the d15 wont fit but if you go aio that wont matter. i think both will block the usb ports on the bottom of the mb when you put fans on the bottom so plug in the cables be for install the bottom fans. that's about it. not a really good case for cpu air flow for a cooler but should be fine for aio kinda what it was meant for i guess.

the 011 mini has a back fan witch would work better with a cpu cooler. and i think think d15 fits...

i think the mini use itx pus if i ember right? that might not be a selling point right there. i think the mini is cheaper? maybe not?

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

10 hours ago, HM-2 said:

All/most mATX boards have 4 RAM slots. You're thinking of ITX. 

What processor are you intending on using? 

Nah I’ve seen a lot of mATX motherboards with 2 sticks and I’m gonna use the AMD ryzen 7 5800x using the am4 chipset 

2 hours ago, suedseefrucht said:

Which chipset?

I wouldn't pick anyone of those, because they are big for their restriction for power supplies.

Even the 011D mini has a volume of 43 liters and it just supports SFX power supplies.
So if you want to go for SFF, the cooler master NR200 is much smaller (and available in white). Even the phanteks evolv shift 2 (black or silver) has half the volume of the 011D mini.

Or you want an ATX power supply. Then you could go for the phanteks evolv itx (available in white). It's smaller than the 011d mini and it still supports ATX power supplies.

The chipset is AMD AM4

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

the 011 is skinner so cpu coolers like the d15 wont fit but if you go aio that wont matter. i think both will block the usb ports on the bottom of the mb when you put fans on the bottom so plug in the cables be for install the bottom fans. that's about it. not a really good case for cpu air flow for a cooler but should be fine for aio kinda what it was meant for i guess.

the 011 mini has a back fan witch would work better with a cpu cooler. and i think think d15 fits...

i think the mini use itx pus if i ember right? that might not be a selling point right there. i think the mini is cheaper? maybe not?

The 11d mini can use up to eATX motherboards if you use the included extension bracket. And yes the mini is 50$ cheaper than the normal 011d

3 minutes ago, MedKit said:

The chipset is AMD AM4

Nope. That's the socket.

The chipset is B550 for example.

But now we know, we are looking for an AMD motherboard.

My build:

CPU

CPU cooler

Motherboard

RAM

GPU

SSD

HDD

Power Supply

Case

Fractal Design Define R6

11 hours ago, MedKit said:

if you have any mATX motherboards that are white please tell me.

At least white accents: ASUS PRIME B550M-A

My build:

CPU

CPU cooler

Motherboard

RAM

GPU

SSD

HDD

Power Supply

Case

Fractal Design Define R6

5 hours ago, MedKit said:

The 11d mini can use up to eATX motherboards if you use the included extension bracket. And yes the mini is 50$ cheaper than the normal 011d

i no that.. didn't say it could not do atx mb or eatx mb

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

6 hours ago, MedKit said:

Nah I’ve seen a lot of mATX motherboards with 2 sticks and I’m gonna use the AMD ryzen 7 5800x using the am4 chipset 

Plenty of B550 mATX boards out there, all of which have 4 RAM sticks. Something like a Gigabyte B550M AORUS PRO would fit the bill.

The MSI MAG B550M Mortar is also white.

msi-mag-b550m-mortar-hero-board03.png

You could run something that and still have 2 360x30mm radiators in the Mini.