Pick me a wireless gaming mouse please

CapitalistVN

In the next month or so I will buy a wireless gaming mouse to use with my laptop in the price range of $40-60. I’m leaning towards options such as the Logitech G305, Corsair Harpoon Wireless, Corsair Katar Pro Wireless and the Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed. I really like the form of the G305, but it doesn’t have Bluetooth, and my XPS 15 only have Type-C connections so using the receiver all the time is not very comfortable for me when I’m on the go, because I have to use dongles 😕 Can anyone recommends me other gaming mouse in that price range, preferably with Bluetooth? Or does anyone own the mouse I mentioned and can provide feedbacks from their experiences? Also I will be playing FPS games so a lightweight mouse is a plus (but it is not a must, I understand it’s hard to get all the luxuries in the budget area). Form is not a problem because I’m comfortable with all mouse sizes. Thanks a lot!

You don't want to use Bluetooth for a gaming mouse. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

20 minutes ago, Middcore said:

You don't want to use Bluetooth for a gaming mouse. 

I know that, I will just be using Bluetooth for when I’m not gaming, and I will be using the receiver that the mouse came with when I’m gaming, I just want added flexibility

1 minute ago, CapitalistVN said:

I know that, I will just be using Bluetooth for when I’m not gaming, and I will be using the receiver that the mouse came with when I’m gaming, I just want added flexibility

So you want a gaming mouse where you can use it with the dongle on a desktop and also carry it with you to use in Bluetooth mode with your laptop?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

2 minutes ago, Middcore said:

So you want a gaming mouse where you can use it with the dongle on a desktop and also carry it with you to use in Bluetooth mode with your laptop?

That would be correct yes

5 minutes ago, CapitalistVN said:

That would be correct yes

Oof. Well I think you're going to have to sacrifice light weight to some extent because wireless mice tend to be heavier in general due to the batteries, and the light wireless gaming mice that do exist like the Logitech Pro X Superlight and Roccat Kone Pro Air cost way over your budget. 

Have you looked at the G603? It has bluetooth and it's on sale direct from Logitech right now for $50.

Other than that I think you've identified most of the choices that meet your criteria in your price range. I would just pick whichever one you like the shape of best (even though you said you don't much care) or has the software which looks least annoying. 

1 hour ago, Middcore said:

Oof. Well I think you're going to have to sacrifice light weight to some extent because wireless mice tend to be heavier in general due to the batteries, and the light wireless gaming mice that do exist like the Logitech Pro X Superlight and Roccat Kone Pro Air cost way over your budget. 

Have you looked at the G603? It has bluetooth and it's on sale direct from Logitech right now for $50.

Other than that I think you've identified most of the choices that meet your criteria in your price range. I would just pick whichever one you like the shape of best (even though you said you don't much care) or has the software which looks least annoying. 

yeah I think I will go with the G305. The G603 is way too heavy for me and it uses 2 AA batteries too, which is a hassle sometimes

Thanks for your help!

1 hour ago, CapitalistVN said:

yeah I think I will go with the G305. The G603 is way too heavy for me and it uses 2 AA batteries too, which is a hassle sometimes

Thanks for your help!

Good choice. You can really get it's weight down if you use a AAA with adaptor instead of AA. And get it down even further by using a lithium battery instead of traditional, energizer makes some.