need a watt meter

Go to solution Solved by Guest,
19 minutes ago, gloege said:

well will keep looking into it still open for suggestions. the one suggested 149 usd  seems no more efficient then a cheaper one under 50 usd

Efficient?  I think you mean accurate.

Thing is, you can trust the Brand's numbers.  I've had devices like the Kill-A-Watt, Belkin power meter, etc. tell me that I'm drawing less from the wall then I'm actually using (eg:  AC reading was lower than DC load).  The Brand never did that to me.

37 minutes ago, The Unknown Voice said:

And, Some overheat and burn up. They are not designed for continuous use.

I had an article on that issue, but I cannot seem to find it.

I do remember reading that the solder joints melted for the blades that connected to the outlet.

If the unit is getting that hot, it probably is not designed very well at all.

due tell me what ones are accurate and point me into the right direction

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Voice said:

Like Johhny said, stick with the commercial units.

I can't give you any other info, as I have not done any research into the commercial units.

Maybe Johnny can tell you what he uses, and you can go from there.

still wondering why i should stick with the commercial ones unless the price is too high i only want the best at a good value. more over the same level that some of the pro reviewers use

1 minute ago, gloege said:

still wondering why i should stick with the commercial ones unless the price is too high i only want the best at a good value. more over the same level that some of the pro reviewers use

Reviewers like Aris are using Chroma power source/meters that are $3000.  I'm sure you don't need anything that professional.

59 minutes ago, The Unknown Voice said:

Looks like the basic model starts at $149.95.

If you are going to use it continously, that looks good to me.

Reminds me of a test bench unit, and looks well made.

well will keep looking into it still open for suggestions. the one suggested 149 usd  seems no more efficient then a cheaper one under 50 usd

19 minutes ago, gloege said:

Thing is, you can trust the Brand's numbers.  I've had devices like the Kill-A-Watt, Belkin power meter, etc. tell me that I'm drawing less from the wall then I'm actually using (eg:  AC reading was lower than DC load).  The Brand never did that to me.

57 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

if you say so i will have to wait a while but i will get it thanks johnny, i just need to buy my mother a clothes washer first. then the meter. your name says it all