RTX 3060 for 500 dollars?

Arael

Hello, I recently got a job and I have around 600 dollars saved up. I don't need this money as I'm 17 and don't need any money for important things. With that out of the way, I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on a zotac 3060 that constantly restocks on Amazon for 520 dollars(says its sold by Amazon so I assuming I wouldn't get scammed.) I currently have an RX 580 and that's still doing me pretty well, but I also recently got a 144hz monitor and my 580 can't really keep up with it.

TLDR, I have money that I don't care about spending, is buying a 500 dollar 3060 to replace my RX 580 a good idea? 

16 minutes ago, HigurashiFan said:

Hello, I recently got a job and I have around 600 dollars saved up. I don't need this money as I'm 17 and don't need any money for important things.

Life is sudden, you may never know whatll strike. Consider saving some for "rainy days" so to speak. Anyway back on topic:

17 minutes ago, HigurashiFan said:

is buying a 500 dollar 3060 to replace my RX 580 a good idea? 

Thats a pretty sweet deal. Not as sweet as MSRP (quite obvious), but theyll do in todays economy. If the upgrade arent going to significantly improve your work or your game is still running decent, then i would walk away from it as a 3070 founders edition MSRP is at that 500$ mark. But if the exact opposite is happening, and you cant find 3060Ti at similar scalped deal, then go for it.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

35 minutes ago, HigurashiFan said:

I don't need this money as I'm 17 and don't need any money for important things.

I wish I could tell my 17 year old self how much money I shouldn't have spent and how desperately I ended up needing it lol.

37 minutes ago, HigurashiFan said:

is buying a 500 dollar 3060 to replace my RX 580 a good idea?

In my opinion no , You will not see a 500$ improvement over the rx580 you currently own. 

If you don;t care about price to performance then maybe it'll be worth it. I will say with the current climate however.......... MOST old gpu's are still going to be in use and supported so don;t get fomo about new gpu models because the majority of people dont have them either and developers are factoring that in.

For $520 I'd buy it and sell the rx580 to recoup a chunk of that cost. I'm sure the rx580's are selling for $250+ right now. 

Going from rx580 to rtx 3060 will be a nice improvement. I used a 580 for a while when they released and I didn't think it was a good card then honestly. 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x