Issues with XMP

BigNavi31

Not that long ago, I got some new memory for my pc:(https://uk.crucial.com/memory/ddr4/bl2k8g36c16u4b )

However, I cannot enable xmp while using this memory. If i enable xmp and reboot, I get 3 beeps and the pc wont reboot. This indicates a memory issue. I have tried changing the values (speed, latency, voltage) manually, but I still get the 3 beeps and it wont reboot. I can get the pc to boot again by clearing cmos.

The pc works fine when I don’t mess around with xmp or other memory settings.

The memory is in slots 2 and 4.

I am aware that this memory kit isn’t on the qvl list for my mobo (I didn’t check the qvl list before i bought the memory - doh 🤦‍♂️)

Is there anything I can do to get xmp to work or can I improve speeds and timings another way? 

I am not that knowledgeable about memory, so any help is appreciated 🙂 

Specs:

cpu - ryzen 3 3200g

gpu - zotac twin fan 1660 super

cpu cooler - amd stock

mobo - asrock b450 pro4-f

ram - ballistix 2x8GB ddr4 3600

psu - corsair cv 450

ssd - crucial mx500 500GB

case - cit f3

Thank You 🙂 

You can try to loosen the timings a bit, to something like 20-20-20-42

Or you can try to turn up the voltage to 1.4.

If that works, you can try tightening them again and lower the voltage step by step until it fails

The 3200g are Zen 1+, so a bit picky when it comes to RAM

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

Thank you for your reply 🙂 

If i can find something that works, should I test my Ram using something like MemTest86?

Thanks again 

According to your Mobo website, it only supports up to 3200. So your memory isn't officially supported, so there is a very high chance it just won't work.

Edit: Of course you might be able to get it to work with the steps Tegneren provided, but it might require some tinkering.

Edited by richard1177

Make sure you have the RAM in the correct slots. Usually 2 and 4 counting from the CPU side.

Nevermind. Missed that in my first read.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse