I really need help here

Lagan
Go to solution Solved by --SID--,

What make and model cpu, motherboard, NVME ssd and HDD?

On which sata connector is the HDD connected?

So what happened is that I installed a ssd m.2 nvme drive and then I installed it and now my hdd isn’t detecting in bios and isn’t booting at all I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong or my hdd had died or failed or the cables aren’t working 

Check your motherboard manual. Some M.2 slots will disable some of the SATA ports on the motherboard. Usually it's for SATA M.2 SSDs not NVMe though. Try plugging the SATA cable for the HDD in to a different SATA port on the motherboard.

What motherboard do you have?

What SSD do you have?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

What make and model cpu, motherboard, NVME ssd and HDD?

On which sata connector is the HDD connected?

3 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Check your motherboard manual. Some M.2 slots will disable some of the SATA ports on the motherboard. Usually it's for SATA M.2 SSDs not NVMe though. Try plugging the SATA cable for the HDD in to a different SATA port on the motherboard.

What motherboard do you have?

What SSD do you have?

I have a aourus micro atx motherboard and a crucial p2 nvme

Just now, Lagan said:

I have a aourus micro atx motherboard and a crucial p2 nvme

What is the exact model of the motherboard? To be able to help I'd need to look up the manual for it.

If the motherboard has multiple M.2 slots which slot is the M.2 SSD installed in?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

13 minutes ago, Spotty said:

What is the exact model of the motherboard? To be able to help I'd need to look up the manual for it.

If the motherboard has multiple M.2 slots which slot is the M.2 SSD installed in?

So I found it out the ssd is the problem the ssd stops the hdd from detecting/booting 

19 minutes ago, Lagan said:

b450 aorus m 

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_b450-aorus-m_1102_210615_e.pdf

Unfortunately I can't download the manual. It's possible Gigabyte's website is still experiencing issues from their recent attack.

7 minutes ago, Lagan said:

So I found it out the ssd is the problem the ssd stops the hdd from detecting/booting 

Read the manual (it should be in your motherboard box) and it will tell you which M.2 slot to use and if any of the SATA ports would be disabled.

Try plugging the HDD in to a different SATA port. You might need to try a couple of different ones to find one that works.

10 minutes ago, Spotty said:

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_b450-aorus-m_1102_210615_e.pdf

Unfortunately I can't download the manual. It's possible Gigabyte's website is still experiencing issues from their recent attack.

Read the manual (it should be in your motherboard box) and it will tell you which M.2 slot to use and if any of the SATA ports would be disabled.

Try plugging the HDD in to a different SATA port. You might need to try a couple of different ones to find one that works.

I got it too boot but this happened

image.jpg

29 minutes ago, Spotty said:

I got everything working thank you so much have a good one