Where is the bottleneck?

Tehkast
Go to solution Solved by Electronics Wizardy,
Just now, Tehkast said:

Its a 3 

Yea then its that 100m network port thats the issue on the pi. You can get a usb gigabit network card for about 300mbit and be limited by usb 2.0 speeds.

Evening all broad question but thought this may be the place.

So got a 128gb SD card flashed it with Kodi all good, issue one I cannot seem to read this drive anymore in windows without the need to format it therefore cannot drag media onto it as desired.

Solution was share the pi via Samba all working able to connect and throw media across the network. My question is I'm getting about 11mb/s writes across not terrible but would always be nicer if higher where is the bottleneck?

Both the pi and PC that are moving files run through the same 1GB netgear switch is this possibly a setting that is holding things back when moving around my local network or possibly a limitation of the SD card / Pi itself at the limit of how quick it can actually interoperate the data and write it to the card? 

Any Guesses would be most welcome take care all and have a wonderful week 🙂

16 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

What model PI?

All Pi's up to the model 3 have 100m ethernet ports, so thats probalby your limit here.

Its a 3 

Just now, Tehkast said:

Its a 3 

Yea then its that 100m network port thats the issue on the pi. You can get a usb gigabit network card for about 300mbit and be limited by usb 2.0 speeds.