iClever Mini Wireless Keyboard & Touch Pad

Faceman

I have two screens in my room that I use, both are hooked up to my computer.  One screen is my gaming monitor, a nice 23in' IPS, the other is an old 42in' LG Television.  I typically watch media on my 42in" while working or gaming on my 23".

Since both screens are in my room, I wanted to be able to use them while laying in bed.  I hated that I would have to get up every time I needed to change something, or if the movie is buffering and just fails, etc.. you are comfy, in your bed, watching a movie, something goes wrong and you have to get up--hate it.

I decided to look into getting a wireless keyboard with built in touch pad for use in bed.  There were many options for full size keyboard/touchpads, and this is the route I thought I would have to go because the full size ones came from well-known companies.  I didn't want a full size, but I didn't trust these no name companies that made wireless keyboards that were the size of a cell phone.  The full size keyboards were bigger, more expensive, more reviews, and from a well known brand.  The mini keyboards all seemed to work and had good reviews, but not many reviews.  So I was skeptical. I decided to take a risk  with the iClever, and it has paid off.  Here is my review:

The iClever Wireless Keyboard & Touch Pad is only $18 with Amazon Prime, compared to $25-$30 for the full size keyboards.  It was packaged well, comes with a very informative and easy to understand user's guide, as well as its own charging cable.  It is fairly small, just a little bit bigger than a Samsung Galaxy S3.

post-56704-0-34204000-1396833604_thumb.j

post-56704-0-79049000-1396832783_thumb.j

post-56704-0-61258300-1396832814_thumb.j

Because of the iClever's size, it feels more like a remote than keyboard, which is exactly how I intended to use it.  The device works flawlessly.  No programs to install, no calibration, just charge it, plug it in, and go!  Every button works as it should, the function key allows for many convenient uses and the touch pad is very responsive, not too much, not too little, just right.  Drag and drop works well when moving an application from one screen to the next, this was a big one for me, and it delivers.  You can double tap the touch pad to work as a click, or you can use the left and right mouse buttons, the directional pad works too when looking through my massive catalog of movies.

One of the main negatives in the reviews I read was that you have to point the keyboard directly at its receiver for it to work.  I first tried with the keyboard plugged into my front USB port, and it worked fine.  Not wanting to tie up a front USB port with something that will be more of a permanent fixture, I wanted to see if it would work while plugged in from the back and tucked away into my desk while I am laying down in bed.  It worked!  Best of all, it doesn't have to be pointed directly at the receiver, it works regardless where you are pointing it.  The distance from the back of my computer to the head of my bed is 3.5 meters.  The device is rated for 8-10 meters, so maybe at longer distances problems could arise if the keyboard is not pointed directly at the receiver.  I only use this for my room, but I think it would work very, very well in a living room environment.

post-56704-0-37689000-1396833517_thumb.j

On the back of the device is a small insulated clip where the wireless USB receiver can be stored.

post-56704-0-21350100-1396833718.jpeg

On the side is the On/Off Switch and the port for charging.

post-56704-0-81792200-1396833749_thumb.j

The battery life on this device is very long.  I have used it for a full week now, using it almost daily and it is still working well from its very first and only charge.  Charging from dead to full took only 45 minutes to an hour.  I really enjoy this device, no more do I have to get up to turn the computer off when I am done with the movie and ready for bed.  My only complaint is that I wish I could turn the computer on with the keyboard, but that is probably for the best, otherwise I would never get out of bed in the morning.  All in all, very great device, I recommend it to everyone because of its multiple uses, be it in a personal room or living room, this device works and makes life easier.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

You probably dont have one, but do you known if this works with a ps3?

Also, how goods the touch pad? What all can it be used for?

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

You probably dont have one, but do you known if this works with a ps3?

Also, how goods the touch pad? What all can it be used for?

This will not work with a PS3, however here is a similar device that will--the reviews aren't that great.

http://www.amazon.com/SANOXY%C2%AE-Bluetooth-Wireless-Keyboard-TouchPad/dp/B004JKIOTQ/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1396835838&sr=1-7&keywords=ps3+keyboard

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."