Wgite spots in new oled tv

FRNND_P

I just bought a C1 and as soon as a remove the plastic I see this white spot on the left side, the tv is off, any Idea on what it is?20210814_194914.thumb.jpg.93083bbdaf562f602f789e0b6bdb34d9.jpg

Try to wipe them off with some screen cleaner? Night be some residue left on the screen.

6 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Try to wipe them off with some screen cleaner? Night be some residue left on the screen.

Tried to wipe them without anything, but didn't do anything then, but checked this morning and started to fade somewhat on its own, so I'm going to see this week how it goes

20210815_081939.jpg

Just now, FRNND_P said:

Tried to wipe them without anything, but didn't do anything then, but checked this morning and started to fade somewhat on its own, so I'm going to see this week how it goes

20210815_081939.jpg

Yeah could be some factory testing left over but could also be some form of burn in that happened or pressure.

Either way if they are still there in a couple days and you are still in the exchange window return it.

If the screen is off, it isnt anything to do with the OLED pixels themselves so dont even consider screen burn, remember that the phrase itself is technicaly incorrect as OLEDs dont 'burn in', they degrade with cumulative use. That looks more like a mark on the material of the screen surface. Its shape makes me think of some kind of sticker, image testing equipment are used in the center of the screen so it wont be a mark left over from that.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

1 hour ago, SolarNova said:

If the screen is off, it isnt anything to do with the OLED pixels themselves so dont even consider screen burn, remember that the phrase itself is technicaly incorrect as OLEDs dont 'burn in', they degrade with cumulative use. That looks more like a mark on the material of the screen surface. Its shape makes me think of some kind of sticker, image testing equipment are used in the center of the screen so it wont be a mark left over from that.

Idk if it matters exactly where on the screen it is, but it's to the left of the screen, but it's still fading a little bit even from a couple of hours ago when I notice the fading for the first time. So am hopeful it'll just go away in a couple of days 

20210815_121251.jpg

I first thought it's a reflection. If it would be any kind of image retention (including burn-in) then it wouldn't be visible when the TV is off. Seems like some residue from a sticker or maybe even light scratches.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

7 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

I first thought it's a reflection. If it would be any kind of image retention (including burn-in) then it wouldn't be visible when the TV is off. Seems like some residue from a sticker or maybe even light scratches.

Hmm, so basically, while off, this shouldn't be a problem with the panel itself? I'm not familiar with the internals of how oleds are made up. I tried wipe them up with a damp micro fiber cloth, but still there, it is still fading a bit on its own, but I ordered a proper screen cleaner to see if it makes a difference.

15 hours ago, FRNND_P said:

Hmm, so basically, while off, this shouldn't be a problem with the panel itself? I'm not familiar with the internals of how oleds are made up. I tried wipe them up with a damp micro fiber cloth, but still there, it is still fading a bit on its own, but I ordered a proper screen cleaner to see if it makes a difference.

Be sure to keep me updated. I'm genuenly interested what this is.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

On 8/17/2021 at 2:36 AM, Stahlmann said:

Be sure to keep me updated. I'm genuenly interested what this is.

Well, it didn't ended up completely going away so I just exchanged it for another one, no problems with this one so far. have no idea what it was, so I'll take a guess from what all of you had in mind, could've been micro scratches leftovers by equipment used at the factory, and some of it probably smoothed out due to heat, but the deeper ones (most of it) was just hopeless, but again, I'm just guessing.

And thx for all of y'all's help. 

Thankful this seems to be extremely rare, if even that, cuz nobody could tell me what it was(tho I understand that saying something definitive from a picture like that was probably hard)