2021 Build -- AMD 5800x, 3070 Ti Build

jam3s121

This will be my 4th gaming PC I've built for myself. I didn't even expect to build a rig this year because I moved and had other big purchases planned but one of my best friends had other things planned. This friend was able to get me a 3070 Ti FE card without much notice. I ended up losing the cables for my PSU so I didn't have the cables needed, and around when I was about to order one I had a job promotion which made me feel more confident about spending some cash to build a new rig instead.

Part list

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x

Nvidia RTX 3070 Ti Founders Edition

Asus X570 ROG Strix E

Corsair RM850x

Corsair 32GB 4x8 3600mhz C16

Corsair H100i Elite Capellix

Fractal Meshify 2 Gray Compact

Samsung 980 PRO 1TB

Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB

I was originally planning to not use Corsair parts, not because I don't like the brand but because they have become such a huge presence and I know "other brands" work just fine. Well it became difficult to sort through reviews for PSUs for multiple generations of PSU's. I was considering an EVGA unit until newegg did not have it, and then seeing the Corsair equivalent being $30-$40 cheaper at the time. Next I was going to use an ekwb aio, I actually ordered it but it was the wrong size and after reading a lot more reviews I felt like there was a good chance I was going to be happy with it fully. Lastly I was going to get G Skill ram but I realized Corsair basically has the 3600mhz 4 sticks, c16 ram market on stranglehold (At least for RGB sticks). I felt like that was the best sweet spot for price, and performance for my needs... so it turns out I'm using more Corsair than planned.

The case I knew I'd stick with another brand. I currently use a define c and liked the new revamped meshify cases. I felt like its also a good idea to support some competitors to the pirate ship brand. I'm not sure what I'll do inside in terms of color. My z270 build was finished right as digital addressable rgb became known to me. That build which I use now was built in one afternoon visit to microcenter because the ivy bridge build I had completely stopped posting suddenly and I needed a computer. Because of that I didn't even try to document my old computer.

I'll start with some photos of the parts I already have.

X5800-Rig--4.thumb.jpg.cea7657934f5ff0f8b95bb98ca918eb5.jpg

X5800-Rig--2.thumb.jpg.647057173913a964f146ca56279b607e.jpg

Project: Vengeance

Intel i7 4770k | EVGA GTX 770 ACX | UD4H Z87 Mobo | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz | Seasonic X 750 Watt PSU | Corsair H100 w/ SP120s | Titanium X-FI HD Sound Card | Lamptron Fc5v3 | Plextor MP5 Xtreme 128GB SSD

YT  - http://www.youtube.com/user/jam3s121

18 minutes ago, jam3s121 said:

I went with the name after looking at the box for the capellix cooler and liking how it said "Super chilled".

Sorry about this but i just had to poke at it

H100i is a 240mm aio, easily outclassed by a d15 or any massive air cooler

If youd like to change the name to slightly frozen, go for a liquid freezer 280-420 depending on what you can fit xD

Sorry but i really cant resist poking at the super chilled thingy on the box of the h100i

But i guess if you arent ocing the h100i will be just fine, though it def wont keep its chill when overclocked

Btw why the hell do you need 4 gaming pcs? Or the other 2 or 3 are already dead?

7 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

I also have to second this, when the LiquidFreezer II 240mm and EK-AIO 240 exist as water coolers and the NH-D15 among the plethora of other water coolers exist the H100i just isn't something you'd want to buy especially how every other option is just... better

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

3 minutes ago, DaJakerBoss said:

I also have to second this, when the LiquidFreezer II 240mm and EK-AIO 240 exist as water coolers and the NH-D15 among the plethora of other water coolers exist the H100i just isn't something you'd want to buy especially how every other option is just... better

I thought the h100i would perform decently, maybe close to the liquid freezer 240 but i guess not

On top of that its overpriced to sht

Well heres a case of money does not equal better

But if op had it laying around its still ok i guess

14 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Sorry about this but i just had to poke at it

If youd like to change the name to slightly frozen, go for a liquid freezer 280-420 depending on what you can fit xD

Sorry but i really cant resist poking at the super chilled thingy on the box of the h100i

But i guess if you arent ocing the h100i will be just fine, though it def wont keep its chill when overclocked

Btw why the hell do you need 4 gaming pcs? Or the other 2 or 3 are already dead?

I've built 4 over 11 years. One completely died.

Intel i7 4770k | EVGA GTX 770 ACX | UD4H Z87 Mobo | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz | Seasonic X 750 Watt PSU | Corsair H100 w/ SP120s | Titanium X-FI HD Sound Card | Lamptron Fc5v3 | Plextor MP5 Xtreme 128GB SSD

14 hours ago, DaJakerBoss said:

The EK Aio's have not so great reviews all over reddit, and their customer service is apparently terrible if something is wrong. I just didn't want to deal with it. I had a original H100 last for 4 years on my first rig I put it in, and I've had an H100i v2 in my current rig for another 4 years. I've only needed to replace the fans on my current one because a bearing was dying on one fan. It might not be the "best" but at least in my experience they are highly reliable. I can appreciate that air coolers might be just as good but generally don't look as good. With the way most gaming pc's are looks are as important as performance to most. The arctic cooler looks weird imo.

8 hours ago, jam3s121 said:

It might not be the "best" but at least in my experience they are highly reliable.

Reliable in terms of aios

Air coolers will basically last forever, just need to swap the fans when they die and not let it corrode

Only reason to get aios are ram clearence or max cooling (280mm and above)

But since you arent ocing a small air cooler like se 224 xt or freezer 34 would be enough, hence the aio is pretty much unjustified

Well if all you had laying around was a h100i i guess its fine, just use it till it dies

2 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Reliable in terms of aios

Air coolers will basically last forever, just need to swap the fans when they die and not let it corrode

Only reason to get aios are ram clearence or max cooling (280mm and above)

But since you arent ocing a small air cooler like se 224 xt or freezer 34 would be enough, hence the aio is pretty much unjustified

Well if all you had laying around was a h100i i guess its fine, just use it till it dies

how do you know im not ocing? lol. I don't need your buying advice.

2 hours ago, jam3s121 said:

how do you know im not ocing? lol.

Most ppl dont oc, esp when they choose a 240mm or below aio or a cheap tower cooler

Like i said if all you have is a h100i then sure just use it till it dies

Though considering that you are using ryzen you can just turn on pbo and itll auto oc for you, maybe the aio will help with that since itll prob beat most decent 4 heatpipe tower coolers like the se 224 xt or freezer 34 etc.