HDD not detected

StgTacoJeter

Hello i just built my new pc

everything is fine but my HDD is not detected my ssd works but the HDD doesnt appear 

i7 4770k gtx 780 ti h100i asus maximus vi formula 16gb corsair vengeace pro 2400mhz ax860i 250gb samsung 840 evo ssd 1tb WD black HDD nzxt phantom 530

Assume you're running Windows installed on the SSD?

On Windows load up Computer Management -> Storage.

HDD should be listed as something like Disk 3 (It shows disk size). If it does, right click on it and select format. 

Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.2GHz | Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz | MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr II OC | Samsung Evo 850 250GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Corsair 600T White | Corsair H100 | Corsair HX850 | Corsair SP120 QE | Asus MX279H | LG Flatron E2251 | Logitech G502 | Das Keyboard Ultimate 4 Browns | Fiio E10 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Corsair SP2500 | HTC One M8 | MacBook Air (Mid 2013) i5 8GB 128GB

Assume you're running Windows installed on the SSD?

On Windows load up Computer Management -> Storage.

HDD should be listed as something like Disk 3 (It shows disk size). If it does, right click on it and select format. 

its not there and my Bios doesnt even detect the HDD 

i7 4770k gtx 780 ti h100i asus maximus vi formula 16gb corsair vengeace pro 2400mhz ax860i 250gb samsung 840 evo ssd 1tb WD black HDD nzxt phantom 530

Is the drive spinning when the pc is on? Can you hear it?

If so is it plugged in correctly? Sata and sata power

Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.2GHz | Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz | MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr II OC | Samsung Evo 850 250GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Corsair 600T White | Corsair H100 | Corsair HX850 | Corsair SP120 QE | Asus MX279H | LG Flatron E2251 | Logitech G502 | Das Keyboard Ultimate 4 Browns | Fiio E10 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Corsair SP2500 | HTC One M8 | MacBook Air (Mid 2013) i5 8GB 128GB

Is the drive spinning when the pc is on? Can you hear it?

If so is it plugged in correctly? Sata and sata power

yes its spinning and both sata connectors are also their 

In the bios, make sure the HDD's set to AHCI not IDE, also enable S.M.A.R.T if possible.

Also known to his peers as Lord Scrubby McScrubington

Hello i just built my new pc

everything is fine but my HDD is not detected my ssd works but the HDD doesnt appear

Go to hard drive manager under administrative tools in the start menu and u have to create a volume on the drive

May be called storage manager I can't remember and I'm not around my PC

In the bios, make sure the HDD's set to AHCI not IDE, also enable S.M.A.R.T if possible.

well am new to this and where can i change the setting i cant find it on the bios

look at the motherboard manual 

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

well am new to this and where can i change the setting i cant find it on the bios

If your BIOS doesn't detect the HDD, changing that setting won't do anything.

Have you tried

Can you test the drive in another system or an external USB enclosure? If it's not available on anything else either, the drive's electronics are prolly dead. RMA it.

yet?

OMG am the biggest retard in the world the SATA cable wasnt plugged in all the way on my HDD am gonna shoot myself thats a derp momment