I upgraded to a 2060 and games are crashing once a scene loads.

Ben31-03-2006

i was running a r5 1600 af and a 1660 super for a while and wanted an upgrade so i bought a second hand evga 2060 ko off ebay. Ill load into a game and then it will crash either at random or when it loads into a scene that can be controlled (like the "you are not expected to survive" text at the beginning of the first campaign mission in battlefield 1 or just at random moments in fortnite. i havent really noticed anything fishy about temps or anything except the fact the i think gpu utilization spiking to close to %100 right before it crashes. I tried undervolting, fully removing and reinstalling drivers, both versions of the 2060 drivers, but im honestly not sure what the issue is. anyone know?

2 minutes ago, Ben31-03-2006 said:

fully removing

How did you fully removed the drivers?

Make and model PSU?

6 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

How did you fully removed the drivers?

Make and model PSU?

i have a seasonic s12-550. I used device manager to delete the drivers and then reinstalled them from nvidias website

9 minutes ago, Ben31-03-2006 said:

seasonic s12-550

S12G, S12III or other?

9 minutes ago, Ben31-03-2006 said:

I used device manager to delete the drivers

Use DDU in save mode.

7 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

S12G, S12III or other?

Use DDU in save mode.

issa S12III and ill try ddu

1 hour ago, --SID-- said:

S12G, S12III or other?

Use DDU in save mode.

didnt work unfortunatly

8 hours ago, Ben31-03-2006 said:

i was running a r5 1600 af and a 1660 super for a while and wanted an upgrade so i bought a second hand evga 2060 ko off ebay. Ill load into a game and then it will crash either at random or when it loads into a scene that can be controlled (like the "you are not expected to survive" text at the beginning of the first campaign mission in battlefield 1 or just at random moments in fortnite. i havent really noticed anything fishy about temps or anything except the fact the i think gpu utilization spiking to close to %100 right before it crashes. I tried undervolting, fully removing and reinstalling drivers, both versions of the 2060 drivers, but im honestly not sure what the issue is. anyone know?

UPDATE: I ran occt while running fornite and saw that the moment it crashed, gpu load spiked to 100% and caused the game to completely lock up, then load dropped to zero, memory stayed normal.

3 hours ago, _DeXTeR_ said:

GDDur driver and uninstall drivers in safe mode

how do i do that, i noticed that it said i wasnt in safe mode but idk how to put it into that

11 minutes ago, Ben31-03-2006 said:

how do i do that, i noticed that it said i wasnt in safe mode but idk how to put it into that

There are a few ways to do it. Here's Microsoft's support page on how to ever Safe Mode: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-10-92c27cff-db89-8644-1ce4-b3e5e56fe234