what is a good graphics card in terms of budgeting

Nicholas Rodriguez

Now I understand that the market for GPU's is jacked up but I'm building a pc for my friend's girlfriend and she does not attend to be utilizing the pc for intensive gaming but want's the option to be able to play games like Minecraft, apex, possibly Warzon but what do you guys think in terms of a good/great graphics card that will perform great and isn't to pricy ? 

5 minutes ago, Nicholas Rodriguez said:

she does not attend to be utilizing the pc for intensive gaming but want's the option to be able to play games like Minecraft, apex, possibly Warzon

There are a few ways to go about it.

1) does she want cheapest of the current generation? If so, the RTX 3060 is that card. Pretty great at 1080p high refresh rate gaming.

2) does she want a good card for 1080p that can handle medium/high details? An RTX 2060 or 1660 super from the used market is a good performer.

3) does she need as cheap as she can get with modest performance at 1080p? A GTX 1060 or RX 480/580 from the used market is what she should look at.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

1) does she want cheapest of the current generation? If so, the RTX 3060 is that card.

2) does she want a good card for 1080p that can handle medium/high details? An RTX 2060 or 1660 super from the used market is a good performer.

3) does she need as cheap as she can get with modest performance at 1080p? A GTX 1060 or RX 480/580 from the used market is what she should look at.

the only issue with the older generation card is they are almost harder to find then the new ones. And when you do find them they want an arm and a leg for them. Also AMD offerings are good as well, but they seem to be harder to find in stock then Nvidia 

In the current market, the 6600 XT or 6700 XT are other options. The 6600 XT is being scalped for about $600 on eBay compared to $800 for the 3060. The 6700XT is being scalped for $750 compared to $850 for LHR 3060 Ti cards.

10 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

1) does she want cheapest of the current generation? If so, the RTX 3060 is that card.

1) well she's not familiar about anything with PC components so at least she's not in a depressed need for RTX.

2 and 3) those two options might actually be fitted towards her needs sense she does not need anything of the 20's and 30's series sense she's just getting into PC gaming.

8 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

In the current market, the 6600 XT or 6700 XT are other options. The 6600 XT is being scalped for about $600 on eBay compared to $800 for the 3060. The 6700XT is being scalped for $750 compared to $850 for LHR 3060 Ti cards.

you dont need to buy scalped cards anymore if you use the fixit discord it props you when a card is for sale and you click on the link and buy it. I was able to score a 3080ti fairly easy using it, And I was constantly able to add cards to my cart for check out in the 3060-3070 range at MSRP especially Thursdays. 

11 minutes ago, ELSknutson said:

the only issue with the older generation card is they are almost harder to find then the new ones. And when you do find them they want an arm and a leg for them. Also AMD offerings are good as well, but they seem to be harder to find in stock then Nvidia 

yeah at this point they are all becoming harder to get and way above MSRP. 

3 minutes ago, Nicholas Rodriguez said:

1) well she's not familiar about anything with PC components so at least she's not in a depressed need for RTX.

2 and 3) those two options might actually be fitted towards her needs sense she does not need anything of the 20's and 30's series sense she's just getting into PC gaming.

If the later options can be bought for a fair price compared to the RTX 3060, I think it is a good way to save money.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Nicholas Rodriguez said:

yeah at this point they are all becoming harder to get and way above MSRP. 

Im telling you the fixit discord is the way to go. I get bombarded with cards for sale at MSRP on a daily basis. 

15 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

yeah man it's insane. 

Just now, Nicholas Rodriguez said:

yeah man it's insane. 

just what ever you do dont pay scalper prices and on older cards dont pay over MSRP

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

If the later options can be bought for a fair price compared to the RTX 3060, I think it is a good way to save money.

I agree and also thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to assist me with this request. 

8 minutes ago, ELSknutson said:

just what ever you do dont pay scalper prices and on older cards dont pay over MSRP

I agree and no matter how far and wide I search, the prices don't stay at MSRP prices.