5600X on ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 not working

O4ALL

I built a dirt cheap entry PC in 2019 (parts listed below) and recently have come across some hand-me-down upgrades from a friend (5600X and 1650S). In preparation, I made sure to update the bios to the latest version 4.80. When I completed the hardware upgrades I went to start it up and all I got were fans turning and no signal from the monitor. I turned it off, checked all the cables, RAM, etc, so then I began to try and isolate the problem and it was the CPU. I reset the CMOS battery and afterwards I still have nothing but fans turning. I switched back to my 2600X and it booted fine like normal. I tried updating the bios backwards first to 4.10 and then to 4.60 and still did not have any luck either time. Other than that, pins on the chip seem fine and it was just working in my friend's PC the day before. We don't think its the chip but acknowledge that it could be. I guess that leaves the motherboard? Is there something specific about this b450M that prevents it from utilizing zen 3 cpus?

Side note: When I put my 2600X back in for the last time the whole thing was randomly bricked. The power button did absolutely nothing. I checked the all the cables, unplugged and plugged it back in multiple times and it randomly started working again and has ever since. Idk what that was but it was kind of scary. Was this because of my lower tier PSU or motherboard?

Build:

CPU: 2600X (to 5600X)

MB: ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0

RAM: 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz

PSU: 500W 80+ Thermaltake Smart Series

GPU: RX 570 (to 1650 Super)

Storage: 480gb Tc Sunbow SSD, 1tb Samsung evo 970 m.2

Thank you in advance! 🙂

1 hour ago, --SID-- said:

How loang did you wait during the first boot with 5600X?

Had to be at least 10ish minutes. How long should I let it sit?

I appear to be in the same boat.. everything seems to work separately, just not together...

Mine is a b550 board though