Stock or 3rd Party Air Cooler for itx build?

bappled
Go to solution Solved by Gohardgrandpa,
3 minutes ago, bappled said:

I’m going to be using some NZXT ones from my previous build, I believe they’re called the AER P 120mm fans.

Would those pose an issue?

I don't know anything about those fans. As long as you have a few and they are decent you shouldn't have an issue. 

I love cases that look like the one you picked, just watch the dust build up on it. 

I'm going to be rebuilding my system into an ITX build pretty soon here. I'm currently ordering the parts and am still on the fence about buying a new CPU cooler for this build. 

Here is the PCPartPicker list.

Would you guys recommend getting a third party air cooler for this build? I'm only on the fence about it since I've read a lot of posts about how the stock cooler is sufficient for my R5 3600 but since it is in an ITX build, would I benefit from buying a 3rd party cooler? Something like the Noctua L9a? I believe that air cooling this CPU is sufficient so I've written off buying an AIO, in addition it wouldn't fit in the case since I'm also using a ATX PSU (from the previous build).

Please let me know what you guys think!

that case looks like a dust nightmare. but the stock cooler for the R5 3600 should be good enough. 

2 hours ago, bappled said:

I'm going to be rebuilding my system into an ITX build pretty soon here. I'm currently ordering the parts and am still on the fence about buying a new CPU cooler for this build. 

Here is the PCPartPicker list.

Would you guys recommend getting a third party air cooler for this build? I'm only on the fence about it since I've read a lot of posts about how the stock cooler is sufficient for my R5 3600 but since it is in an ITX build, would I benefit from buying a 3rd party cooler? Something like the Noctua L9a? I believe that air cooling this CPU is sufficient so I've written off buying an AIO, in addition it wouldn't fit in the case since I'm also using a ATX PSU (from the previous build).

Please let me know what you guys think!

If you are not planning to overclock the CPU( no idea if you even can with the 3600) you should be fine with the stock cooler.

I like this case, it looks great airflow wise but the dust is gonna be bad.

I'm not a fan of the wraith stealth cooler at all, I personally would swap it out but I'm sure it will work fine. 

What case fans are you gonna use? 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

41 minutes ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

I like this case, it looks great airflow wise but the dust is gonna be bad.

I'm not a fan of the wraith stealth cooler at all, I personally would swap it out but I'm sure it will work fine. 

What case fans are you gonna use? 

I’m going to be using some NZXT ones from my previous build, I believe they’re called the AER P 120mm fans.

51 minutes ago, The_Geek said:

If you are not planning to overclock the CPU( no idea if you even can with the 3600) you should be fine with the stock cooler.

I don’t plan on overclocking although I think you can? I wouldn’t quote me on that one though.

3 minutes ago, bappled said:

I don't know anything about those fans. As long as you have a few and they are decent you shouldn't have an issue. 

I love cases that look like the one you picked, just watch the dust build up on it. 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

20 minutes ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

Will do, thanks for the tip!