Gigabyte 2070 Super weird driver issue!

Hello.
Does anybody also have this problem with Gigabyte 2070 super Gaming OC 3x 8GB? On the nvidia 471.68 drivers (or other new drivers before that) it doesn't boost above 1605 MHz and refuses to apply OC (even when in fact I don't change the clocks just hit apply in afterburner or revert to defaults), then screen goes black and returns to normal again. I have found a driver that works and it's 466.11 but some drivers before that also have this problem, and that's the only relatively new stable driver that I have found.

BTW, I have always cleaned with DDU before every driver reinstall so nothing is corrupted.

Anyways here is a topic on nvidia forums adressing this exact issue and it's a year old: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/geforce-graphics-cards/5/385194/boost-clock-of-certain-rtx-2070-super-cards-will-b/?topicPage=6
(there is a temporary workaround listed there but it doesn't work)

• 2 months later...
On 8/10/2021 at 3:25 PM, trolus55 said:

Hello.
Does anybody also have this problem with Gigabyte 2070 super Gaming OC 3x 8GB? On the nvidia 471.68 drivers (or other new drivers before that) it doesn't boost above 1605 MHz and refuses to apply OC (even when in fact I don't change the clocks just hit apply in afterburner or revert to defaults), then screen goes black and returns to normal again. I have found a driver that works and it's 466.11 but some drivers before that also have this problem, and that's the only relatively new stable driver that I have found.

BTW, I have always cleaned with DDU before every driver reinstall so nothing is corrupted.

Anyways here is a topic on nvidia forums adressing this exact issue and it's a year old: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/geforce-graphics-cards/5/385194/boost-clock-of-certain-rtx-2070-super-cards-will-b/?topicPage=6
(there is a temporary workaround listed there but it doesn't work)

Hello 

Do you still experience this issue? Or did you find a solution for it? I'm having the same problem with my Gigabyte 2070 super Gaming OC 3x 8GB since last night. Weird thing is that it only happens with games in DirectX 11. In VULKAN or DirectX 12 the GPU boosts just fine.