Looking for $1000-1500 TV to watch netflix and chill

Coconuts99

Hi, I'm looking for a great TV to watch netflix and chill. I'm going to install it in front of my bed and I don't think I will ever use it for gaming since I already have a monitor for that. My budget is around 1000-1500 USD, does anyone have a recommendation? I'm completely new to the market 馃槄.聽

Found the LG CX OLED display my parents bought about a year ago quite nice.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

For me it comes down to 2 choices atm:

LG CX OLED

- Better option for dark room viewing (doesn't get as bright and has trouble to combat reflections/glare)

- can display perfect black on one pixel and white on the next one (pixel level dimming)

- extremely quick response times for the cleares image possible with today's tech

- awesome "magic remote" that can be used like a mouse pointer

- small but present risk of permanent burn-in

Samsung QN90A/QN95A (Model name depends on the region)

- Better option for bright rooms (gets much brighter for a more impactful HDR in daylight)

- Still delivers impressive contrast due to the MiniLED backlight

- a bit slower response times than the OLED, but still among the best in the TV market

- no risk of burn-in

I do have a C9聽OLED now but if i'd were to myself a new one i'd probably go for the Samsung one. But it's a close call. Essentially both of these TV's can be had for around $1500 and are as good as it gets.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.