Why can't I access 5G on my S20 FE?

Go to solution Solved by AqHu,

Ok, I actually solved this after some personal research.

I have the Samsung S20 FE 5G (model number: SM-G781U1/DS), which should support 5G network access but doesn't give that as an option in settings (see attached screenshot).

My network provider has verified that my current plan supports 5g (although I don't have 5g coverage at my home), so I'm quite sure the problem is with my phone.

I contacted Samsung support, and they had me reset my network settings, then clear a cache of some sort via the boot menu, and then recommended doing a factory-reset.

I don't really want to do a factory reset at this point, especially since I am not convinced that will solve anything. What do you think? Is that in fact my only option at this point?

image.png

I could be way off here since i dont know too much about this but here is a potential fix.

it could be your sim card.

try contacting your mobile provider and ask if you can get a 5g capable sim or if you need to hange your sim to get 5g service.

btw, which provider do you use?

2 minutes ago, TheBean said:

try contacting your mobile provider and ask if you can get a 5g capable sim or if you need to hange your sim to get 5g service.

btw, which provider do you use?

I will certainly try that; that seems like a possibility!

My provider is called Red Pocket.

Ok, I actually solved this after some personal research.