Poor Networking Performance on Windows (Versus Linux)

dvdmuckle

So this has been annoying me and I'm at my wits' end for how to fix it. When I'm downloading a Steam game in Linux (Fedora 34) I get up to 90Mb/s and can comfortably watch stuff from my Plex server and stream other content. However, in Windows 10 (21H1, with latest drivers and everything) I get maaaybe up to 40Mb/s in Steam with the average being 25Mb/s and am incapable of watching anything from Plex. Other stuff like YouTube works fine, I need to test that more. The Plex server is not on my LAN and I get pretty good internet and am pretty close to a metro area with Steam servers to download from. I've performed many different remediation tactics in Windows including changing the speed/duplex, disabling/enabling various software pieces that could be incorrectly optimizing network performance. I have the latest drivers installed for my mobo and specifically for the network interface. The only other thing is this install of Windows was not initially done on this motherboard and I upgraded from an old Z77 mobo + processor to the new one. That being said, I don't envy the task of doing a fresh Windows install to fix this.

PC Specs (Gathered from Linux):

Spoiler

KERNEL: 5.13.6-200.fc34.x86_64
CPU: Intel Core i5-10600K @ 4.10GHz
GPU: NVIDIA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
GPU DRIVER: NVIDIA 470.57.02
RAM: 32 GB

MOBO: Prime Asus Z490-A