Cable modem randomly reboots

xdeathshot20

So I have a cable modem provided by optimum.  It's probably like 2 months old.  Yesterday, it started randomly rebooting and taking forever to come back online.  Didn't think really anything of it.  Today, all morning everything is all good and all the sudden it happens again for no reason.  The weird thing is that when it just happened, one of my TV's which is using Plex and connected to a WiFi extender didn't lose connection at all.  I work from home so I cannot have these internet problems.  Besides optimum being a horrible company any ideas on how to fix these issues?  I have had the coax cables replaced about a month ago as well. Also the internet cuts out and then about a minute later, the router then reboots. Thanks

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

Probably not much you can do but have them replace it. Or buy one and use yours if it's possible with that provider.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

2 hours ago, xdeathshot20 said:

cable modem provided by optimum.

Sounds like a problem that needs to be resolved by your ISP. This is why I don't use ISP provide stuff because generally its crap, as you don't know how many people used it before you and abused it. 

The only two solutions really are to call them up and demand a new one. OR buy one that is supported on their network (Some ISP's have a list of modems that will work). 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.