Why you should stay away from the asus rog strix g512li

This is sorta my review and thoughts on my current laptop for both collage and gaming. 

Basic specs:

i7 10750H

1650 ti (4gb vram)

16gb sodimm 

512gb intel ssd

1080p 144hz panel about 60ish% srgb  ips

50wh li-ion battery

to begin with the laptop itself is in my opinion pretty had to justify given its retail price of 1150$ (usd) but i purchased mines for 999 so its less of a blow.

performance: The intel i7 10750H feels very overpowered for the 1650ti in the sense that the gpu is always maxing out while the i7 is just turboing for no reason at 15 to 30% usage. 

further more thanks to the amped up 6 core trying to reach 5ghz constanty battery life is quite low. Stock settings allow for about 2 hours of usage on max brightness, take note that the display isnt very bright either but more of that later. this usage can be solved by throtleling the perfomance. ive used throthle stop for this and undervolted the cpu by 100.5mv to maintain stabilyti altough you can you 110 but it can be unstable. aside unddervolting it i aplied clock mod to reduce the clock speed to 75 % of its native speed and limiting all core frequency to 3.5ghz. given these compromises now i can get about 4 hours on a full charge while maintaining full brightness or a lil below it. but if your not a very techsavy person i would not recomend this. as it requires thinkering wth the bios and such.

Gpu performance: being a 1650 ti with 4gb of vram this card hits its limit quite easly by simpling pushing up the graphical settings if you want a fidelity focudes expirience. but for fps games it can push solid 90+ fps on medium and low settings quite easy. the games ive played so far have been fortnite, gta V , warzone and train sim 2. theres really not much to it aswell aside it getting a bit hot when nearing its limits. ie 80c , for this i undervolted the gpu by about 90mv to keep it undercontrol but it dint work that well. all in all its alright i supose.

Display: its mediocre being an ips panel i expected more from it being honest. refresh rate is great at 144hz providing smooth browsing and scrolling, but whats the point if its gpu cant really hit 144hz at decent quaility settings? i would trade it for a 120hz or 90hz display for better image quality or higher brightness since the colors are dull and bland and brightness suffers a bit in lit enivroments.

battery: its bad. for a gaming laptop i guess its alright but less than 3 hours on stock settings is very concerning. i tought the battery was damaged when i realized this, but after running test its fine. a bigger battery is really needed in this in my opinion.

Multitasking: its awesome for that as you can expect for a 6 core cpu and plenty of ram to go about.

keyboard and track pad: a bit clicky for typing but decently big, its not very ergonomic feeling but works whilest the track pad is a bit on the small yet enough side of things.

the ssd is decent. 

all in all this is pretty terrible value considering you can get rtx 3050 laptops for this price. 

i really dont recomend this unless its your only option like me thanks to the chip shortage.

excuse the badly spelled english, its not my main language.

any questions or doubts ask ahead.