Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I need a temporary GPU to use my PC as I wait for my rtx 3080 to be delivered (+- 2 months time), since the CPU does not have integrated graphics.

The GPU will not be used for any gaming or GPU intensive applications, all I need is it for it to output at 1440p and be able to use for web-browsing, YouTube, coding, etc.

 

 

These are my other parts I have:

 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x 

MOBO: MSI X570 Tomahawk (There are display outputs on the motherboard, but they don't work with the 5900x)

RAM: 2x32 g.skill cl16 3200mhz
STORAGE: 2TB Samsung 980 pro

AIO: H150i Cappelix

PSU: Corsair RM850x

 

I literally just want to cheapest GPU available to use for the above mentioned tasks and it must be compatible with the rest of my components.

 

Any suggestions will be appreciated. 

 

Thanks in advance.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can get an old GTX 760 for 70 to 90 USD  (after shipping, 55 to 70 before) and it performs like a 1050, you could use it to game lightly if you would like. Now do temper your expectations the card is going on 8 years old but it still has game. 

 

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

You can get an old GTX 760 for 70 to 90 USD  (after shipping, 55 to 70 before) and it performs like a 1050, you could use it to game lightly if you would like. Now do temper your expectations the card is going on 8 years old but it still has game. 

 

What do you think about the GT710? I really don't need to game on it at all. Just want an output of 1440p to my monitor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MikeFish12345 said:

What do you think about the GT710? I really don't need to game on it at all. Just want an output of 1440p to my monitor.

Don`t buy a GT 710 even by mistake. it`s a horrible card (It can`t even play 1080p video without fallling apart).

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WickedThunder86 said:

Don`t buy a GT 710 even by mistake. it`s a horrible card (It can`t even play 1080p video without fallling apart).

There is a Palit GeForce GT 1030 for double the price at around $100, should I go for this instead then?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MikeFish12345 said:

There is a Palit GeForce GT 1030 for double the price at around $100, should I go for this instead then?

If you are keen on buying new then Yes, It will do the job just fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MikeFish12345 said:

There is a Palit GeForce GT 1030 for double the price at around $100, should I go for this instead then?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304089662377?hash=item46cd2803a9:g:uHoAAOSwLvhhB0La

 

try to get the rx 570 rog strix for $50 - $100

beats the 1030 by miles. can play most games in 1080p, the ebay listing looks a lot cheaper as well. can most of your everyday games on high to medium setting depending what game it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, c00face said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304089662377?hash=item46cd2803a9:g:uHoAAOSwLvhhB0La

 

try to get the rx 570 rog strix for $50 - $100

beats the 1030 by miles. can play most games in 1080p, the ebay listing looks a lot cheaper as well. can most of your everyday games on high to medium setting depending what game it is.

You won't find a 570 for 100 in this current market. That is a bid.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Downkey said:

You won't find a 570 for 100 in this current market. That is a bid.

Yes, I see that. I'm telling him to bid for it between $50 to $100. It's worth a try as not many people are looking for RX 570's and he can probably cop one for cheap.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MikeFish12345 said:

What do you think about the GT710? I really don't need to game on it at all. Just want an output of 1440p to my monitor.

It's going to struggle at anything more than 1080p video

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MikeFish12345 said:

There is a Palit GeForce GT 1030 for double the price at around $100, should I go for this instead then?

I would grab the 760 if it is only temporary, it is significantly faster than the 1030 (esp. the DDR4 version) and  the 760 can be had for cheaper on the used market. I mean while the 760 is nothing to the 3080 it is still fast enough for gaming and to some extent whatever you need a 3080 for. the 760 is still very much a capable card.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

I would grab the 760 if it is only temporary, it is significantly faster than the 1030 (esp. the DDR4 version) and  the 760 can be had for cheaper on the used market. I mean while the 760 is nothing to the 3080 it is still fast enough for gaming and to some extent whatever you need a 3080 for. the 760 is still very much a capable card.

Those cards don't exist in my country, also there is basically no second-hand market for GPU's. The list of available cards are: GT 710 ($55-$75), GT 1030 ($1000), RX560 ($180) . I'm not really willing to pay more than $100 for a card I'm going only to use for dedicated graphics. The GT 1030 is the only real option at this point. I just want it to be able to output 1440p@120hz on the desktop. No gaming at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MikeFish12345 said:

Those cards don't exist in my country, also there is basically no second-hand market for GPU's. The list of available cards are: GT 710 ($55-$75), GT 1030 ($1000), RX560 ($180) . I'm not really willing to pay more than $100 for a card I'm going only to use for dedicated graphics. The GT 1030 is the only real option at this point. I just want it to be able to output 1440p@120hz on the desktop. No gaming at all.

Then a GT 1030 would do the trick if there's no used Graphics card available.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×