Can you remove all non-system device drivers at once?

FIXXX

Getting the IRQL BSOD for a while now and tried all the usual diagnostics with no luck (that Microsoft tool where you can disable any selected driver, RAM diagnostics by the system, the filechecker with repair, unplugging all non-essential USB devices, etc). 

So I'm thinking to just nuke all the drivers and let the system put whatever drivers it can find. And I'll only update when Windows Update offers it (in that Optional section). I'm suspecting it can be any of the number of drivers I updated manually over the past half year.

Perhaps there's a tool similar to DDU? What I want to avoid is Uninstalling a driver via Device Manager but it would still find it stored by Windows and apply that rather than pre-load from the web.

Obviously the best way is to make a fresh install (which I will do while on vacation soon-ish) - but till then something has to be done.

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Synology NAS 1 x 4TB 1 x 8TB

IRQL BSOD is usually a bad overclock. Do you have any type of overclock on your CPU and/or Memory?

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

3 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

IRQL BSOD is usually a bad overclock. Do you have any type of overclock on your CPU and/or Memory?

Just the old TPU and whatever RAM OC the BIOS offered up. Nothing crazy at all. Plus I get IRQL'ed even while doing mundane tasks.

RAM has heatsinks, and it rated to 3000 Mhz which I use at 2933. CPU is at 3.65 Ghz with temps in the mid-40s low 50s.

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Just now, FIXXX said:

Just the old TPU and whatever RAM OC the BIOS offered up. Nothing crazy at all. Plus I get IRQL'ed even while doing mundane tasks.

Try setting your BIOS to factory/Optimized Defaults and test for a length of period you would feel sufficient that you would have reliably had a BSOD or 2 within. If it remains stable, then its likely a problem with one, or both. The 1st gen CPUs had weak IMCs and required cranking some voltages up to get things stable, especially the SOC for the Memory. This would be where I would start looking first if its good and no BSOD's after clearing everything and running stick. 

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Try setting your BIOS to factory/Optimized Defaults and test for a length of period you would feel sufficient that you would have reliably had a BSOD or 2 within. If it remains stable, then its likely a problem with one, or both. The 1st gen CPUs had weak IMCs and required cranking some voltages up to get things stable, especially the SOC for the Memory. This would be where I would start looking first if its good and no BSOD's after clearing everything and running stick. 

Can I just disable the OC and let the other settings stay? Fan curve, Secure Boot, etc It's a pain having to go and set those back up.

Just now, FIXXX said:

Can I just disable the OC and let the other settings stay? Fan curve, Secure Boot, etc It's a pain having to go and set those back up.

Yea, you can do that. You can always save a profile as well that you could load up whenever you wanted as well. The profile would stay there unless you do a BIOS update. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Just now, Skiiwee29 said:

Yea, you can do that. You can always save a profile as well that you could load up whenever you wanted as well. The profile would stay there unless you do a BIOS update. 

Oki. 

Need to first finish watching this "We Might Need a Wi-Fi Upgrade" that LTT just released.

Oh, gotta take a sip of this nice chilled water. "Turn it so the camera sees the design". https://www.lttstore.com/.