Weird sudden fps

aight so it started today, i just wanted to play valorant and i get 30-70 fps instead 130 - 200.. cpu and gpu clock are normal , usage and temps too. well not too normal since i have a laptop but it is as always.

same with genshin, i get like 30 fps suddenly instead 60. now stupid me did download something pirated today , but i deleted it and scanned my pc with malwarebytes ( a short scan) and nothing was found. i have restarted my pc 3 times and still the same. please help

btw i only see that now but for some reason windows explorer is taking half my cpu usage.. and %80 gpu usage

Windows Explorer doesn't like pirated things. Just leave your laptop open and turned on for a few hours and it'll sort itself out. Beyond that we're not allowed to help with piracy but I don't know if that extends to problems caused by piracy.

8 minutes ago, AlphaBetaOmega said:

30-70 fps instead 130 - 200

8 minutes ago, AlphaBetaOmega said:

i have a laptop

stupid question, but are you plugged in the wall?

My Rig / Buildlogs:  ❄️ SNOWFLAKE ❄️ FROSTBITE ❄️

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600   Cooler: Corsair H115i Platinum   RAM: Corsair Vengence RGB Pro 16GB @3200   Mobo: Asus Prime X470 Pro

Graphics Card: Gigabyte Aorus 2080super Waterforce    Case: Corsair 500D   PSU: Corsair HX850i

Storage: 500GB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD, 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD, 2x 1TB SATA SSD

Displays: AOC CQ32G1 32" 2560x1440, Acer XB280HK 28.0" 3840x2160 60 Hz, Medion MD20850 24" 2560x1440

4 minutes ago, LauriHimself said:

stupid question, but are you plugged in the wall?

yeah. first thing i checked.

14 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Windows Explorer doesn't like pirated things. Just leave your laptop open and turned on for a few hours and it'll sort itself out. Beyond that we're not allowed to help with piracy but I don't know if that extends to problems caused by piracy.

im not asking for help about the software, i have deleted it.. 

3 minutes ago, AlphaBetaOmega said:

im not asking for help about the software, i have deleted it.. 

Yes, but I don't know if it's against the forum rules to help with problems caused by piracy even if the software doesn't exist anymore. But I'm going to assume it's not against the rules so, basically what is happening is Windows Explorer is trying to 'figure out' what is happening with the malware that was in that file, it may have affected other files so it is scanning for that. Open Task Manager, it's probably using maybe 5-10% of your SSD too. Again if you just leave the computer running for a while it will sort itself out.