Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi,

While playing Apex Legends a while ago, my PC suddenly freezes while trying to load the map.

At first, I thought it's just flashing load or something. But after 2mins, it's still the same and tried to force shutdown my PC.

After checking my reliability history, some hardware error listed as seen on the image below.

My PC Specs:

R5 2600

ASrock B450 Steel Legend

Gigagbyte GTX 1650 Super

Cooler Master MWE 550 Bronze

Can I ask what's the usual cause of this?

Thanks!

Live.PNG

The most common cause of crash after boot is a memory error generally. Doesn’t necessarily mean that is what happened though. Computers are complex things with lots of places for things to go wrong.  I don’t know if there is specifically a usual cause. The term “live kernel event” is one I don’t hear a lot. It might be because it doesn’t actually have a lot of meaning. Not sure.  I think it just means the computer was running when something hardware related went wrong.  I may not be correct about that though. 

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

5 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

The most common cause of crash after boot is a memory error generally. Doesn’t necessarily mean that is what happened though. Computers are complex things with lots of places for things to go wrong.  I don’t know if there is specifically a usual cause. The term “live kernel event” is one I don’t hear a lot. It might be because it doesn’t actually have a lot of meaning. Not sure.  I think it just means the computer was running when something hardware related went wrong.  I may not be correct about that though. 

Thanks! After checking again, my PC is running smooth again in Apex Legends.

I just thought it might cause another issue in my PC that may be a bigger problem in the future.

Since this isn't the first time Live Kernel Event pops up in my reliability history list.

Another question, is memory XMP might also cause errors like this? can it also cause freeze in PC?

Thanks!

XMP is standard stuff, presets.  If your memory is spec'ed for it and your CPU isn't somehow locked out of it, shouldn't be an issue.

Don't forget to update your drivers.

1 minute ago, PineyCreek said:

XMP is standard stuff, presets.  If your memory is spec'ed for it and your CPU isn't somehow locked out of it, shouldn't be an issue.

Don't forget to update your drivers.

All of the drivers are update as of now, except for the GPU. I'm having a problem with Nvidia's latest drivers for 1650 super.

I don't exactly know but whenever I tried to use hardware acceleration for my browser then play some videos from youtube or any video sharing sites, my PC suddenly come from a state of weird freeze.

The task manager says -1% video decode and encode, can't close any opened programs, and shutdown / restart won't work. (event CTRL+ALT+DEL won't actually work)

You're not trying to overclock the 1650 somehow are you?

10 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

You're not trying to overclock the 1650 somehow are you?

Nope. Never tried to overclock my GPU even once.

Just to be clear, when it froze, it hard froze then and there, and there wasn't a BSOD or anything, right?  Have you checked to see if you have a .dmp file under C:\Windows that corresponds to the time of your freeze?

3 hours ago, PineyCreek said:

Just to be clear, when it froze, it hard froze then and there, and there wasn't a BSOD or anything, right?  Have you checked to see if you have a .dmp file under C:\Windows that corresponds to the time of your freeze?

Yes. no BSOD or anything. Just a clear freeze. 

I've checked the DMP after I forced shutdown it. no new DMP file pops up in the folder.

It's just weird since every logs of error should be there.

3 hours ago, ArchLightXXVII said:

Yes. no BSOD or anything. Just a clear freeze. 

I've checked the DMP after I forced shutdown it. no new DMP file pops up in the folder.

It's just weird since every logs of error should be there.

Well if it completely froze and it didn't get to the dump process, then that makes sense.