Pc randomly shutting down

Hey guys,

In April I bought a r5 5600x and b450 tomahawk max. After everything was set up I turned my pc and it was working for like 30 minutes and it just shut down. My monitor goes black and it displays "no signal entering power saving mode" (something like that).
The fans were spinning but I would get a black screen and that's it.

In the event viewer, I would get the kernel-power 41 error and I thought that I did something wrong while I was setting up my pc. I've checked all the cables, RAM, GPU and everything is fine. I even opened my pc so I can be sure that there is no dust or anything in the fans.

At the beginning, it wasn't a big deal since I could just open my League client and the pc wouldn't shut down. If I was watching YouTube or doing anything that is less demanding without having League or a different game opened, my pc would just shut down.
Recently, this became a big issue. I couldn't even get to my desktop since my pc would just shut down in the Welcoming screen. My CPU temps were quite high (up to 90 degrees). I would turn the pc and it my CPU would be on 60 degrees in no time. Few days ago I've decided to put back my old r5 1600 and check if the CPU is the issue.

For some reason, my pc shut down just once and it was working quite nicely. Then, I decided to put my CPU fan speed to max and put back my r5 5600x and the pc didn't shut down. I could do all the stuff I would normally do without having a game opened, until yesterday.

My pc again, started shutting down and I've opened it and replaced the CPU's again and the same happened.

I did a TM5 stress test memory on both of my CPU's and everything was ok with the r5 1600 but as soon as I started doing the test with my r5 5600x I've received like 10 errors in 1 minute.

Could it be a psu problem or is the problem even worse?

Currently I own a 650W platinum msi psu which I bought for like 50 bucks 4 years ago, a 1050ti and 16gb ddr4 3400mhz.

Quick update, just did a OCCT stress test using my r5 1600 and my pc shut down 25 mins in. I had the "cpu errors found on physical core #3 virtual core #7" error 5 mins in.

• 4 weeks later...

ive been having the same issue with random shutdowns while watching youtube or even a movie. same kernel issue as well. i probably assume my problem is the powersupply