Ram stuck at 2133MHz

Nobaris

So my build finally boot. R5 5600x, b550 aorus pro ac, trident z 3200cl16 2x8gb, seasonic gx-650 gold

So I go into BIOS and do all the usual stuff. Turn on xmp, adjust fan curves and enable PBO. That was all I did. (Although not the point of this post, please tell me if I need to do anything more to enhance performance)

But when I go save it and go into desktop, open cpu-z it says my ram is running at 1066MHz (or 2133MHz). Why? What did I do wrong? Must I manually tune the memory and I cannot use the pre loaded XMP profile? 

P.S. What RGB software should I use to control the motherboard and ram lighting? Thanks in advance

Did you update your bios before doing all the setting stuff ? Bios updates are pry important on ryzen platform as they improved memory compatibility. 

R9 5900X, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240, Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE V2, 2x16GB Kingston FuryX 3800MHZ CL18 Hynix DJR "Tuned" , Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC, Windows 11

Just now, KnoT said:

Did you update your bios before doing all the setting stuff ? Bios updates are pry important on ryzen platform as they improved memory compatibility. 

Yes I did update the BIOS to the latest F13. It wouldn't boot otherwise anyway. 

Well then its should work then as 3200 is not hard to get, did you went back and checked your setting again ? mby you messed up something or just didnt save them.

R9 5900X, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240, Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE V2, 2x16GB Kingston FuryX 3800MHZ CL18 Hynix DJR "Tuned" , Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC, Windows 11

Just now, KnoT said:

Well then its should work then as 3200 is not hard to get, did you went back and checked your setting again ? mby you messed up something or just didnt save them.

I went back twice to check that XMP was enabled, still running at 1066MHz though

In the same "bracket" where XMP profiles there is "System Memory Multiplier" did you set that to anything ?

PS. I use the Gigabyte RGBFusion 2.0 its kinda garbage but it works.

13 minutes ago, KnoT said:

In the same "bracket" where XMP profiles there is "System Memory Multiplier" did you set that to anything ?

PS. I use the Gigabyte RGBFusion 2.0 its kinda garbage but it works.

System memory multiplier is set to 32.00 and I cannot change it

38 minutes ago, Nobaris said:

I went back twice to check that XMP was enabled, still running at 1066MHz though

Enable XMP en set speed manually to 3200.

What make and model RAM?

26 minutes ago, Nobaris said:

System memory multiplier is set to 32.00 and I cannot change it

Thats weird as it allows me to change Multi when XMP is enabled on my board which is prty much the same.

Do you have Ryzen Master installed what does it show in advanced view 

image.thumb.png.b77c379c36003934b85ee6f52389dca6.png

10 hours ago, KnoT said:

Thats weird as it allows me to change Multi when XMP is enabled on my board which is prty much the same.

Sorry for the late reply, I am installing Ryzen master now. 

10 hours ago, --SID-- said:

Enable XMP en set speed manually to 3200.

What make and model RAM?

Yes, I have done that already. 

G Skill Trident Z Rgb 2x8gb 3200cl16. I have been running xmp just fine on my previous build, and can even overclock it to 3600cl16 no problem. Its just that xmp don't work on this new board

11 hours ago, KnoT said:

image.png.c4a76c529e464642d5cb4bd8b41d75c3.png 

That is what it shows...