PC takes 2+ minutes to boot with Nvidia drivers installed

palpeh

Hey all, I've been having slow booting issues with my computer for well over a year and going through countless forums and using countless "solutions" and discovered today that the cause of my 2+ minute boot times are being caused by Nvidia drivers. Reinstalling the OS, reinstalling AMD chipset drivers, messing with countless BIOS settings are things I've tried to fix this issue.

However today, I used DDU to completely uninstall my drivers and when I was rebooting the computer without any drivers I noticed my computer booted within a few seconds but as soon as I installed the latest Nvidia driver again, my computer takes around ~2 minutes to boot again. I've even tried installing the Nvidia driver using NVCleanstall and only installing the essential things like PhysX but that too does not help with my boot time.

My PC specs are as following:

• Windows 10 Pro
  • Ryzen 7 3700X
  • RTX 2080 Super
  • X570 Taichi
  • Samsung 970 EVO 250GB (This is the boot drive)
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB (This is just a second storage drive used for games)
  • 2TB Seagate HDD

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 😁

Weird, tried a different PCI-E slot? You've got a few to work with.

2 minutes ago, Murasaki said:

Weird, tried a different PCI-E slot? You've got a few to work with.

Sadly, that isn't possible because my GPU is too thicc to fit into any other PCI-E slots. 😞

19 hours ago, palpeh said:

Sadly, that isn't possible because my GPU is too thicc to fit into any other PCI-E slots. 😞

Other than trying a different version of the driver or updating the BIOS if it isnt the latest nothing else comes to mind. Also if you have another GPU lying around can always test it if it boots the same way.