Microsoft store on corporate PC

Summary

Should you allow your staff to install the Microsoft store version of software on their corporate computers

My thoughts

Given the Working from home and other flexible options now available to most knowledge workers, what's the issue with allowing the Microsoft store software installers.

This saves building a SCCM packages and deploying via some rando schedule or trickle feed to a users computer.

Then the package goes out of date as a new version is released, or some random thing happens

This way Microsoft tech support could actually be on the hook to make sure these install, rather than an over worked support guy

Sources

No sources or other - just a discussion point.  The current app for me is Power Bi.

5 minutes ago, Tassie Dave said:

No sources or other - just a discussion point.

The Tech News section of the forum is for discussing published news articles relating to tech. For general discussion of topics please use the other subforums. This post has been moved to the Programs, Apps, and Websites subforum as your topic relates to software.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450