First PC Build Project, please advice!

Budget (including currency): ~USD $1500 - 1800 (max $2000 including taxes and shipping)  

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming & VR (predominantly LoL, Rainbow Six, AoE II:DE, CS:GO, Half-Life: Alyx, and Metro Exodus), Office-based work, streaming through Discord, interested in video editing, and coding for school (MATLAB, R, Python).     

Other details: 

Existing Parts List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Vskm9N

A friend was really kind to gift me a Ryzen 5 5600 X and a Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 480 8GB, so we working with that. Not sure if there is a significant difference from using an AMD CPU with Radeon GPU vs. Intel CPU and NVIDIA GPU. I'm more than happy to wait until prices lower or even until the a new release comes out for a better GPU. I'm hoping for to get a... 6800 XT eventually? (Is that overkill? I know next to nothing about Red Team) Additionally, I am salvaging the Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME SSD I upgraded from the Blade 15. (There is a Micro Center nearby, if that helps lul)

Peripherals: Currently, I have a VictSing PC066 mouse, a Sennheiser HD 4.50 for audio, and an Asus VE 247H as a secondary monitor (2013-old but it only has to keep discord open). I am determined on the Acer XV272U for the main monitor (Saw it at Micro Center and it really left an impression on me, but open for suggestions!). I will need a keyboard but preferably something silent and budget-fitting. Will need a video camera and microphone too. These can be out of the budget as there is no immediate need and can be bought down the line. 

What you're upgrading from: So I've had a Blade 15 since 2019 after a Dell Inspiron 17R SE 7720 became untearable after carrying it for 6 years. After a few issues of BIOS updates, battery and SSD dying, I think the motherboard actually died as I get no input whatsoever. I have always used laptops as the mobility factor always played a defining factor in my work life (coordinating events, college, gaming w/ friends, work, etc.). I could replace the motherboard (I have done it with the Inspiron), but at this point I'm debating if buying a new PC would be better vs. fixing. Additionally, I've always wanted to build a desktop. Now that I got a laptop from work, I really want to build a PC. 

When you're going to buy: I'm not in a rush but would be expecting to buy most of the components between now and a month from here, the main GPU will have to wait until next year probably and will have to make due with the 480 for now. I have been gaming on a GTX 1060m so it will still be an upgrade. 

Resolution and refresh rate: 144 Hz is my goal for all tasks. This is what I'm used to with the Blade 15 for average tasks but wasn't quite able to achieve with many games. 1920X1080 is the standard I have been at but would really like to make full use of the monitor's 2560x1440 with all applications. 

Extra: Above all, this will definitely a PC for gaming. I have a few games in Steam I would like to replay (e.g. Bioshock remastered series, Metro Exodus, Titanfall 2, Outlast, RE 2, etc.) with smooth graphics rather than the memorable >60 fps at medium but oddly still fun experience. The latest acquisition, Half-Life: Alyx, is what I have been meaning to finish since the Blade 15 died; preferably with an improved graphics experience. However, I am interested in overclocking and video editing further down the line. Would definitely want this PC to last and slowly upgrade new components as time goes. Lastly, I know because of my past long gaming sessions with no respite and jumping back with work/studies, my laptops took a lot of overheating and suffered with thermal throttling and eventually fps dropped even for games like LoL. I really do not want that to happen again here and I'm quite open to invest into cooling so these components last.

If you made this far, thanks for reading! ^^

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/brzjTJ

¯\_ (ツ) _/¯ 

Yea with the cpu and gpu already given then theres not much to spend the money on thatll give you better performance unless you spend it on a better cooler and do some overclocking

I suggest the liquid freezer 360 if you are gonna overclock

And i think you should go for a 1440p 144hz/165hz monitor so if you ever upgrade your gpu in the future you wont have to replace your monitor, so heres something to spend the extra budget on